WHERE IS THE STIMULUS?

easymoney

Reaction score
July 2 (Bloomberg) -- Employers in the U.S. cut 467,000 jobs in June, the unemployment rate rose and hourly earnings stagnated, offering little evidence the Obama administration’s stimulus package is shoring up the labor market.
The payroll decline was more than forecast and followed a 322,000 drop in May, according to Labor Department figures released today in Washington. The jobless rate jumped to 9.5 percent, the highest since August 1983, from 9.4 percent.
“This will be another jobless recovery,” said John Silvia, chief economist at Wachovia Corp. in Charlotte, North Carolina. “We may get positive economic growth driven largely by federal spending, but people on the street will say, ‘Where are the jobs?’”
Payrolls Fall More Than Forecast, Unemployment Rises (Update4) - Bloomberg.com

How's it going for you JHO's? Seen a raise lately?

swampy tim

Reaction score
There's no need to wonder were the "stimulus" is. It was never going to go toward creating make work goobermint jobs. 5% of the 800 billion was slated for "shovel ready" projects . The whole thing is nonsence, designed to backrupt the country. I, as union pipefitter welder should be getting job ofers daily acording to obummer. Yet I remain unemployed. Huh. My union voted for him as did most of them, yet we fail to get the "kick backs" in the form of jobs....I guess he'll take care of us some other way. Really though, I never expected that monstrosoty of debt to amount to anything but debt. I have very limited prospects for the future in my chosen profesion as a welder in the energy sector. Thak you barry.

Orygun

Reaction score
1 in 5 aren't working in Deschutes county Oregon and we're pretty much at 10% plus for much of the state. OBAMA!

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
I have seen the first stimulus money package.
It's a bid for some equipment in the back ground of the LA bus system. About a 500K project to enhance repairs and speed service calls, overall save time and material in maintenance.

Now I just need to win the bid and still make a little money!!!!!!! And yes this will help my company things are tight; most clients are hoping to spend some money in the 3 and 4th quarter......if everything looks good on the business horizon.
I need to hop on a 2 day boat and fight some Tuna not my competitors.

Coues

Reaction score
I don't know what ya'll tawkin bout...I'm gettin stimulated by dat package.

DAYUUUM, back dat thang up!

Sodhunter

Reaction score
:rotflmao: Where did that come from?!?!? The guy observing is cracking up as much as me! Good thing she didn't roll by a second sooner, he would have done a header off that big step!

swampy tim

Reaction score
well he is an a$$ man, just look at queen michelle

Last edited:

Coues

Reaction score
Fellas, that booty belongs to the President of Italy.

Badda bing Badda boom

DBAR

Reaction score
I'm in the union(local 12) and we got a raise on the first of this month. I don't think the boss is happy about it with the way work is going, but it makes me happy!!!! A whopping $1.55 an hour more....hey every little bit helps right?

swampy tim

Reaction score
DBAR, my union (pipefitters) negotiated a "raise" this year too. Except that our locals costs have gone up, health care and mandated pention requierments. We came in at a net loss of .40 cents an hour. Wouldn't have mattered if we got a $100 hr raise as there is no work in the area. I got a call from my agent yesterday for a job in Kansas. I would make more staying home on unemployment ( after road costs and all). S/T

DBAR

Reaction score
DBAR, my union (pipefitters) negotiated a "raise" this year too. Except that our locals costs have gone up, health care and mandated pention requierments. We came in at a net loss of .40 cents an hour. Wouldn't have mattered if we got a $100 hr raise as there is no work in the area. I got a call from my agent yesterday for a job in Kansas. I would make more staying home on unemployment ( after road costs and all). S/T

I hear ya I just got back to work!!! I was out most of this year!!! They would give me just enough work to mess up drawing UE. Thank god my over head is fairly low or I would have sunk this year. Managed to keep all our cars and trucks(even got me a new to me '05 silverado 4X4) and didn't have to sell the boat!! Another thing that helped me out alot was letting the wife take over the finances. She has done wonders with our money!!! I manage to find enough side work to suppliment not working, being an equipment operator for a living, laboring for side work sucks though!!!!!

I hope the economy turns around for ya soon bro!!!
Its hard out there right now!!! There is over 800 guys on our list right now!!!

swampy tim

Reaction score
Thanks for your support DBAR. My grand father was an operating engineer,a crane operator back in the 40's 50's and 60's. I think about changing trades sometimes, as I get older and welding takes it's toll on me. Being an operator seems like a deicent way to make a living. We have an outage at the local nuke coming up and a "green" project at the local coal burner in January. We will survive. We keep our overhead down to. Thats why I don't have a boat!! Wish I did, but it's just the reality of the times. I often wonder why I moved back here (NH). S/T

Last edited:

masonjarlid

Reaction score
Have not had a raise in 4 years and do not expect one for another 4. As a LEO I have job security and that is the only reason I stay. I would really like to do something else. Do not know what, but after the military, corrections, leo, I am ready for something less stressful. Maybe one day.

DBAR

Reaction score
Thanks for your support DBAR. My grand father was an operating engineer,a crane operator back in the 40's 50's and 60's. I think about changing trades sometimes, as I get older and welding takes it's toll on me. Being an operator seems like a deicent way to make a living. We have an outage at the local nuke coming up and a "green" project at the local coal burner in January. We will survive. We keep our overhead down to. Thats why I don't have a boat!! Wish I did, but it's just the reality of the times. I often wonder why I moved back here (NH). S/T
I didn't have to sell my boat yet, but it hasn't hit the water but once in the last 8 months.

hiline345

Reaction score
I haven't seen any STIMULUS PACKAGE here but being a employee of the city of LOS ANGELES I have been really busy. I have been employed with them for almost 10 years and I have got a raise every year anything from 3.0% to 4+%. As a matter of fact we have been working a lot of over time like Saturday, Sunday, and our normal Monday off ( we get everyother Monday off) and on those days we will work anywhere from 8 to 12 hours. We are one of the few departments in the city of L.A. that really generates money and has not had a hiring freeze. Our work isnt easy but if you are looking for good pay and you are near the LA area check us out City of Los Angeles Deptartment of Water and Power.​

Top Bottom