Where To Find BLM Maps

Mntngoat

Reaction score
:confused-yellow:

I know the BLM web page is down. Where are you all getting maps of the area to check boundrys between
private land- owners and NF & BLM land?

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
michael how for are you from adventure 16 (costa mesa) or REI(right off the 55, fountain valley)? they have some pretty good maps there. also the forestry service puts out a map that shows boundarys for  blm, forest, private lands(can't find mine right know though)

cc

Mntngoat

Reaction score
Thanks CC,
Adventure-16 is only 5 miles from the house,I' didn'even think about them, I was planning on going to REI if I had too.

Michael

(Edited by Mntngoat at 4:54 pm on Jan. 6, 2002)

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Mntngoat,

If you are lookung for the BLM Surface Management Maps, you won't find them at a retail store. Last summer I did this search myself. Call the BLM office in Riverside (909) 697-5200. You can buy them there or at other BLM offices or they can direct you to I believe its the California Public Lands Conservation Association, where you can mail order them.

The maps put out by the Forest Service typically do not show the status of lands outside of the FS boundary. The BLM maps show the management status of all the land. Although I have found some inconsistencies. For example the Campy Cady Wildlife area administed by CalDFG isn't shown on the BLM map. The BLM maps are also basses upon the USGS 1:100000 scale topographic maps and have been updated within the last 10 years with a few exceptions (ie Cuyama which is the area around the Carrizo Plain).

Hope this helps.

songdog

Reaction score
I've had some pretty good luck with maps from Geographia @ 818-848-1414.

For the SoCal crowd - you can get a reasonable selection of topo maps from Sport Chalet of all places.

bigtroutbane

Reaction score
I was in Sport Chalet in Rancho Cucamonga, Covina, Montclair and their selection was very poor.  

They were mostly out of So Cal maps. Quite a few in the Tahoe region.

I asked and was informed they were not planning on ordering anytime soon.

Top Bottom