Where to hunt at Sutter?

Huntinfiend

Reaction score
Have #1 Ressie for Sutter on 12/29, and have never been there before.   Anyone have an idea on where to go?  Just need a little info to get me started in the right direction...Thanks

Jay

Reaction score
Out of the check station parking lot, up over the levee, across the bridge and head west, once you're halfway across the bypass look for open water and set up.

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
The most productive and crowded ponds would be 9,12, and 15.Go with a good attitude and expect to be crowded in on( its just something you have to put up with at Sutter). Take a couple big flashlights to keep it at a minimum.Sutter is usually a good mallard spot but I've noticed widgeon is currently the number one bird and Sutter's averages are down. Pond 9 and 12 are best reached out of the checkstation lot and 15 out of the south lot but make sure you ask about the flooding situation 1st. Get into the middle of any one of these ponds in a tule patch and you should do well.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Drop me an E-mail and I'll try and help you out. I'll be right behind you with #8 and I'll have my trusty wingman and co-pilot RR with me.
See ya there.

Jay

Reaction score
Well Sheriff,

Now that me and DuckFan taught you boys how to shoot,
maybe you guys can bring home some birds by yourselves this time.  :shoot-down:        :gunfighter: :shootin:

hntndux

Reaction score
I was there yesterday and the south parking lot is closed due to the high water at the south end of the refuge.  Things should be back to normal by Saturday though...  Saturday only had a 1.1 average and yesterday I only managed to get 2 birds.  Very, very little shooting.  I've been invited to Sutter on the 2nd and 5th so I hope thing improve soon, times running out.

Sutter hunters:  Anybody else think the little punk at the checkstation is a wise a**?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom