where to hunt chukars in nevada

drg67

Reaction score
I live in las vegas and want to go chukar hunting. i have hunted chukar in california and would like to find a good hunting area in nevada.

BigDaddyB

Reaction score
Most of the folks here head to northern Nevada, around the Winnemucca area.
There's a map of Nevada guzzlers available, I would imagine there would be additional areas that hold chukars and other game closer to your home.
Look back further in this forum for additional info.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Dave is right on with the Nevada guzzler atlas. I have one in my lap as I type this. lol. EVERY (at least Nevada) chukar hunter should have one. It is GREAT and shows most all the guzzlers for the whole state on topo maps. I'm also using it for possible coyote hunting places.

A phone call to their fish and game is another good bet. Sure was for me

Dave, I have been wanting to return your last e mail or call you on how you are doing. I had no idea it was that big of an operation you had. WOW! Hope you are heeling fast and much better real soon.

Happy Hunting All
Frank

vrstull

Reaction score
Before you go trotting up to the northern part of the state think about hunting chukar closer to home. There are productive areas much closer to you. Try to check around for someone who knows the area, or as someone suggested, get in touch with a local warden or game biologist. I have received a ton of good information by doing just that. If you buy the guzzler map that also was mentioned just check around your area or the southern Nevada desert in general. Where you see small game guzzlers is where to start looking. Natural water sources as well of course. It can, as you do doubt know by now, be hotter than blue blazes to hunt that part of the state but I know for a certainty there are chukar to be had a heck of a lot closer to Las Vegas than Winnemucca or some of the other popular northern Nevada locations.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Ditto VRSTULL (& Dave again), and is what I was trying to originally say. You do not need to go to norhtern nevada, unless of course you just want to.

With that guzzler atlas you will "see" right away. Also....

What little research I have done on Nevada has produced (potentially) good area's much closer to home. What's funny for me is, the chukar info was "given" to me when I was inquiring about the coyotes. Funny

Anyway, Good Luck on Your Hunts

MuthaChukar

Reaction score
Good luck finding anybody up there that'll give up their "spots". I'm native to Nevada, about six hours north of Vegas and people have always been stingy about their chukar spots. They say they don't want all these California people coming up and knocking the bird population down. Some people I grew up with won't even take me where they go! Jerks.

Someone else said it though, buy a guzzler map, that's your best bet. Where there's springs, there's likely to be chukar. There's places to go around Vegas, I gaurantee it. Ask around, you might just get lucky.

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
DRG,

YOU CAN ALWAYS GO TO THE EAST MOJAVE WHICH IS NOT THAT FAR AWAY .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom