Where to shoot close to Sacramento?

Patricknumber44

Reaction score
I would like to find a place for my family to shoot shotguns that is close to Sacramento.  I already know about Sacramento Valley Shooting Center & Sacramento Trap Shooting Club, but haven't been to either.  Does anyone have an opinion on either of these places?  Where else can I shoot at a place that has 'clays'?  If I bought my own thrower, on what public land can I use it on?
Thanks to any and all for the help,
Patrick#44

jerry d

Reaction score
I've shot at Sac Trap Club for years and always had a good time. Yolo Sportsman Club(up I-5 off Road 29), Coon Creek Trap Club and Birds Landing(sporting clays-near Fairfield)might be another option. Also, there's a small trap club in Auburn that I'm told is a fun place to shoot.

Might be kinda hard cleaning up your mess if you took a thrower on public land and shot clays. All those little pieces..............

steve

Reaction score
jerry d,already mentioned Yolo Sportsman Club ,$50 / $55.. to join for the family ,offers a number of options including a small catch and release pond for kids.Phone number is (530)662-2349.

grizz

Reaction score
If your on the north side of sac. I'd go to Coon Creek.  It's just north of Lincoln on Waltz rd. off Dowd.  They've got trap, skeet, and sporting clays.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom