Which .17 HMR?

English

Reaction score
After a lot of deliberating and waiting around on our Police for a change to my licence to permit me to buy one, the licence has eventually arrived and I have to make up my mind what I want to buy?

Here in the UK the sweetest looking Hummer I have seen has to be a Weirauch HJ60. but they are not cheap £500 ($875) so If I really can bear to part with that sort of cash it means I could just about look at any Hummer that is available over here.

At present through looking around I have found we can get the following:

Anschutz 1517
Anschutz 1717
CZ 452
CZ 452 American
Mossberg 917VS
Savage 93R17

and of course the Weirauch.

My Heart says get the Weirauch but my wallet (pocketbook to you guys?) says Get the CZ.

I have to say I have ALWAYS been a CZ fan and think they are fine rifles, I've never been let down by the CZ's I have and they are superb value for the money.

I'm intrigued by the Savage (because I've never owned a Savage) infact the savage is the cheapest of the lot.

The other advantage with the CZ is that I can get one which is already screwcut to take a sound moderator (I know that is less of a consideration for you guys but we can use one without the problems you guys have so If I dont get a CZ I will have to part with the rifle at some time to get it threaded.

There are no Semi Auto .17's as they fall outside the exemption that permit us to have .22 semi autos.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

English

AMMOe

Reaction score
English: The only interesting gun is an accurate one, or so the saying goes, and I've heard nothing bad about Savage rifles in that respect. I have heard that they break extractors once in a while so that might be a consideration. CZs are good, but you know that either of the Anschutz ought to be a first class screamer.

On old business. That Martini of mine is buried someplace in one of my safes. If that rear sight is available could you pick it up?? I can make it work no matter what. Send me the bill, eh? ~AMMOe

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
I'd go with the Anschutz or the CZ myself If the CZ is already setup for the sound moderator and that's what you want then I'd go for it.

WBH

Latest Posts

Top Bottom