which GPS do I need?

B

brian bearden

i've read some of the posts on the GPSs and i am still confussed as to what to do. all the bells and whistles would be nice but, i really just want, for now anyway, something that i can plot and save my routes (multiple routes) to and from, mark locations (fishing holes) and be able to find my way at 3:00am up the side of a mountain to my hunting location. so which one would you guys get in my postion? i've looked at the Garmin eTrex, eTrex Venture and Magellan SporTrak. will the eTrex be enough?

vermonsta

Reaction score
I asked around before I got mine also ,several of the guys in work went from large expensive models to the basic e-trex  for size and simplicity. I went with the e-trex legend due to wanting ability to use other than hunting and fishing. It has a basemap with coastguard navagation markings and major roads and exits and travel info. I still havn't used all the features but eventually I will . Technology is getting better and better so most units are better than what was out there 2-3 years ago so almost anything you get will be pretty good. I figured that it will keep me happy for a few years and I'll reassess my needs then and compare them to whats out there then. I checked around for prices and got mine through  advanced gps and got best price and free shipping. Vermonsta

PowDuck

Reaction score
I've got the basic eTrex and love it. If I were to do it again I'd probably spring the extra $10 and get the camo model; it has a game and fish table in it. The basic unit does all I need it to do. I can hook it up to my computer and download waypoints and/or tracks. One of the best things about it is its size. It's so small you WILL CARRY IT WITH YOU! Soem are just to bulky and you don't always want to carry them. With the eTrex you put it in one pocket, a compass in the other and off you go.

I highly recommend the eTrex.

Rufus

Reaction score
I have the basic yellow e-trex. It does all that I will ever need and at $98.99 from Wally World, u can't beat the price.

Top Bottom