while checking cam

bowbender

Reaction score
moved my cam to a very thick place, had to trim some saplings in front of cam,i have a very small area to get some pics(small field of view),so i placed a 35mm film canister behind a small log in front of cam with some vanilla extract in it,to maybe pause deer for a good head pic,anyway while checking cam today i noticed the film canister moved about 3 foot,after looking at canister it had about 10 small teeth marks in plastic and was kinda mashed out of round,im suspecting maybe a coon,but the sponge wasnt removed from canister,the teeth marks appear to be canine teeth,somewhat like a cats tooth mark! if it were a coon dont you think it would have pulled out the sponge with its paws?maybe its a fox? anyway time will tell when i get the filmed taken all the way up and developed! cam had 10 pics on it...........
anyone have this happen before?whats youre opinion?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
bowbender,

I think the coon or fox would dig the sponge out too, they are so curious. Especially if it smelled good like vanilla. Doesn't make sense unless the animal was scared off in mid sniff. I'd take the canister with me and run iffin I was the coon.

Possum

Reaction score
I'm betting on the critter from Missouri that nobody can identify. The one Slickhead photographed.  Otherwise known as Bigfoot, swampmontster, Bobcat-coon hybrid, one of the guys playing tricks on you.....

(Edited by Possum at 11:54 am on Sep. 8, 2001)

gizz

Reaction score
Bowbender, I don't know man but the suspense is killing me. How many pics do you need to get on that roll? This is what makes these cams so neat - Time will tell!

Top Bottom