Whisker Biscuit Bow Rest

FarmHunter

Reaction score
Most of you are probably familiar with this rest.  I "discovered" it this year and have nothing but praise for this product.  Last year after screwing around with different broadheads and my TM Hunter rest, I was about to go to the mechanical heads because I could not tune my bow to shoot broadheads as well as I would like.  Anyway, I found th WB and it solved my biggest problems, vane clearance and spring tension on the rest.  It was a breeze to paper tune and now both problems are a  non issue.  

A couple of other things about the rest: I have not noted any decrease in arrow speed, in fact I could raise the poundage now if I wanted because it tuned so well.  I had a terrible habit of touching the arrow with my finger tip as I pulled back the bow, to keep it on the rest, though I probably did not need to do this (hold over habit from my old recurve days), When I was ready to shoot I would remove my finger from the side of the arrow and trip the release.  It doesn't sound like a bad habit as I write it here, but it got to the point where I would release as soon as my finger came of the arrow whether I was on the target or not!  I was constantly fighting the urge to release once that finger came off.  With the WB its another Non issue.  Finally, how many times have you hung your bow in your stand with an arrow nocked, then when you saw a deer coming, reach for it and have the arrow tap the riser!  I had tried some rubber "arrow holders" marketed by Bear Archery, and they worked to some extent, except any tension on the string popped the arrow holder off, what a pain!  Again, its another non issue with the WB.

I've read about some of the other good rests out now like Zero effect and others, and they sound like they might have worked for me.  However, I think the best thing oubout the WB is its simplicity.  I really do not have to worry about the rest at all.

Any one else try this rest?  I keep hearing about how people are worried about losing velocity.  Even if I am losing a little (it doesn't seem it), I'll take the better accuarcy and confidence this rest gives me any day.  

robNhood

Reaction score
It sould be a great hunting rest.

I have seen the rest but have not tried it myself. The only negative thing that I heard is that it can do a number to your arrow fletchings.

If I remember correctly, the company has changed the consistancy of the bristles in order to limit fletching damage.

If it does take away a few fps, thats fine if you are shooting a simi fast bow. You are better off with a reliable rest.

I think that you made a good choice.

(Edited by robNhood at 7:09 pm on Aug. 21, 2001)

heydeerman

Reaction score
The Wisker Biscuit is the best thing to come around in a while. Like the man said...NO WORRIES. Easy to set up, tune, and shoot.I have been shooting mine for about 6 months now and notice no wear whatsoever.

Heres a heads up.If you buy one of these, buy a tube of fletch-tite and but s drop on the fletching so there is no wear.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Farmhunter,

I've used the Bear arrow holder since I was a kid and was wondering about the Whisker. Buddies in south Missouri last year said they were the rage. Only complaints I've heard are the vanes being torn off after period of time and the whiskers freezing up in cold freezing weather. The glue trick or new whiskers should cure the vane problem.

marmot

Reaction score
I read a write up on the whisker bisket and the only complait was that it slowed arrow speed somewhat. If it fixes your problem and you keep your shots to 30 yards and know your trajectory, it should work fine.

Top Bottom