Whisker Biscuit set up

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I just picked up a Bear Done Deal which will be my backup bow. This makes me feel better going to Africa with two rigs. I'm putting a Whisker Biscuit on it. Not because I think it's the best thing since sliced bread (I don't), but mainly because it's cheap. This is my first time setting one up. One question...

How do I set the nock height with this thing? Do you use a bow square? Seems like it would be really difficult to get a square in there with any accuracy. Or do you guys just eyeball it?

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

I can't answer your question, but I know this much... I better see some rockin' African bow huntin' videos when you get back. Hehe!

-Witty

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
OMG!!!
Say it ain't so Nate, say it ain't so...They were pretty much eye'n 'em at the shop!

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
the few i have set up i have just knocked an arrow and eyeballed it so that its level. always got a good paper tear with no adjustments doing that.

dwagoner

Reaction score
I have an old school nocking tool that screws into an arrow and then clamps onto the string, I dont see them anymore but im glad i have them cuz for what your asking it would be perfect. Sorry cant help you with an online site or anything that sells them, eyeball it and see how it shoots thru paper, prolly not gonna be a big deal maybe a few extra adjustments and a tad bit of time. Like the new bear lineup would like to shoot the bow you have and the truth2 and see how they compare, they look alot alike in specs and all. GL with your hunt!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I think I've seen those and I think Keystone Country Store sells them. I bought a string and an arrow level so I'll get it worked out, but from what I've heard it seems WB's like to shoot a bit nock high.

The Bear Truth II is a sweet bow, especially for the price. It's as smooth as anything I've ever pulled on. It's also well balanced and holds well. It's a nice rig. The Done Deal is very similar. No Winner's Choice string and a tiny bit slower with a hair more brace height. For the money I think it's great. It's about time there were some good bows at this price point.

dwagoner

Reaction score
yeah online prices for NIB truth2 and done deals are super good and havent heard anything but good things from those that shot them. Held them at BPS but never asked to shoot, prolly should just to get a difference in that to my truth.

Raully

Reaction score
The new Bear bows are pretty good bows from what I hear from the guys that shoot them. As far as the Whisker biscuit I think most guys eyeball it and then make adjustments after a few shots through paper. I could never get my arrows to fly straight when I had one. I got strange groups all the time. Good luck. If I would have known you were looking for a backup bow I would have made you a sweet deal on my Tribute.

Top Bottom