Whisker Biscuit?

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
I’m looking to replace my arrow rest and I was wondering if any of you guys use a Whisker Biscuit?

Thanks for any info

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
Well ive been there and done that, just get a drop away and dont look back.....ripcord, and wammy are good alot of guys like the tropy ridge one???///(brain fart) i dont know im sure someone else will cime in here and tell yopu the name.If you really look at the w/b and think how it works and how the arrow sits in there.....it just isnt good.....but hey just my 2cent......good luck brother let us know what you go with

BOHNTR

Reaction score
I shoot one now.....left my Trophy Taker on my back-up bow. Absolutely no accuracy or fletching issues encountered.

GRAYLIGHT

Banned
Reaction score
I have used a WB for 5 years and I absolutely had no problem with it at all!!! As a matter of fact it is a great rest and don't believe all the bad press about it. I just recently switched to a Whammy from SPOT HOGG... I do believe my groups got a little tighter. When shooting through a Hooter Shooter, the Whammy was more accurate by about 10% I tried to account for arrow spine and nock point by rotating the nock and squaring my inserts and nocks with the G5 tool. I fletched all my arrows with the same jig and used field points, when the nock position was turned the arrow would fly slightly off from the last shot with the same arrow. I named 6 arrows and repeated the process with each. Surprisingly the changing of the nock point made an oblong shape in the target with each arrow, showing that the arrows are not all created equal, with wall thicknesses varying up to one to two thousandths. However with all arrows fletched the same and cock vane up, the Whammy was more accurate. I really did like the WB while I used it... Just time for a change... Hope I was able to help!!!

SierraFool

Reaction score
For me 30 yards was great. Any farther I could not keep the accuracy with the WB. If I was hunting treestands only or I was an expert stalker then its a good choice.

BOHNTR

Reaction score
Check out this video for those who have concern over accuracy issues. If it's properly installed/tuned, it will shoot fine out to yardages you probably shouldn't be shooting at.

Whisker Biscuit Accuracy Video

kelly106

Reaction score
Well I'm with bohntr, have 3 bows, all with w/b, and never had any problems, and when properly installed/tuned as bohntr said, shoots well into the 80 yard range, no fletching, accuracy, can always have an arrow nocked, hands free ! My 2 cents

buckfever07

Reaction score
I currently shoot the WB and have had no issues at all. A big plus is always being able to have an arrow ready to shoot without worry of having it fall off the arrow rest. No accuracy issues either.

jhuhtala

Reaction score
Add me to the list of happy users too. Just make sure to get the deluxe version, it's much easier to setup and tune.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Yes, I also use a WB, the Delux model...good stuff!

I've heard very good stuff about other rests, but it's hard to change when the WB does every thing I need very well...

SierraFool

Reaction score
What type of vanes are you all using. I remember it warping and tearing.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
I used to use Duravanes, now I use Blazers with right offset...no problem with neither of them

barel74

Reaction score
I also use a WB. Works great for hunters who do alot of walking or stalking

BOHNTR

Reaction score
Dwayne:

I've seen that video too.......however, it was later learned the arrow used in that particular video was out of spine, which of course would perform poorly no matter what rest you use. Go down to Riverside Archery and ask some of the state 3D champions (Wally, Carl, Dan) what hunting rest they're shooting. Believe me, it surprised the heck out of me too!

SierraFool

Reaction score
Roy, just got my guardian and now to keep up with you I might regress back to a whisker bisquit!!! What do you think about the effect on FPS and KE?

I do have to admit I liked the "total" entrapment of the arrow.

BOHNTR

Reaction score
You know Dwayne, before I got "talked" into trying it, I was sold on TT......which will also work well on the Guardian. But I did have an experience in Arizona where the drop-away cord got caught on some brush and actually slid 1/8" up, which made the launcher not reach it's full designed location. When I shot two feet low on a P&Y mule deer, I couldn't understand why. That's when I saw my launcher cord had slid slightly.

Wally was in camp then and suggested the WB. I remember telling him the only thing a biscuit is good for is when they're smothered in gravy.
After I saw him shoot a 3" group at 80 yards....with broadheads.....I knew it couldn't be that bad. I made the switch and haven't had any issues. I like the piece of mind that there are no moving parts, cords, etc. that will fail me in the back country of Colorado.....MILES away from my back-up bow.

I tested both rests using a chronograph......I lost 2 fps by switching. Chump change, if you ask me. I did find out that Blazer vanes worked the best for me......absolutely NO vane wear, etc.

Top Bottom