whitetail bait?

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
what bait does everyone use to  attract the elusive whitetail. which work best.

fadetoblack76

Reaction score
i use whole corn but salt is illegal to hunt over here in vermont. I am experimenting with molasses

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
We use shelled corn also but soybeans work great also. In Illinois hunting over bait is also illegal but before season we get nice pics and try to keep some food out for the winter. Less than 2 months to go, yahooo. MC.

kmitch

Reaction score
Last time I put out bait I used half corn and half sweet feed like you feed horses. Sweet feed has molases, protien pellets, oats, etc. and had a pretty strong odor. I've had buckets of corn out all summer that have not been touched. When I returned to this stuff a month later it was all gone and the bucket had been assaulted to make sure it was empty. I think it will work in a spin feeder also. The corn has enough dust in it to keep the mix from clogging the nozzle. To mix it I put 50# of each in a barrel and rolled the barrel around.

Keith

bat

Reaction score
I hunt legal.....but you can add Peanut Butter to the list as an attraction for taking pictures.  We can provide feed/bait for the deer in Ga. during deer season as long as you stay at least 200 feet from the feed and out of sight of the feed on private land.  bat
Whoops, went back and checked my regulations....it reads UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES "Hunt within 200 YARDS or within sight of a baited area, unless bait has been removed completely for 10 or more days".  Didn't want to throw anybody off that was maybe going to hunt in Ga.  :bag-on-head: Sorry about that! bat

(Edited by bat at 7:09 pm on Aug. 7, 2002)

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
You can in Arkansas as long as you know what bait is, and can shoot straight.

Beerdonga

Reaction score
I use shelled corn, roasted soybeans, and 18% deer pellets.  I aslo use deer cocaine, but the hogs seem to like it before the deer can even find it.

runnin3i

Reaction score
I just put out some peanut butter on a tree last week to see what happens, I know squirles like it to so we'll see I,ll reply as soon as I can check.

bat

Reaction score
Tack Peanut Butter lid to tree about 3' off the ground, screw on plastic jar, cut out bottom, put a little peanut oil on the outside to slide squirrels off hehe.  bat

Latest Posts

Top Bottom