WHITETAIL HEAVYWEIGHTS

woodseye

Reaction score
Hey guys- Thought you might like to see some of the ones that keep me hopeful every time I sit a stand. The big one on truck tailgate went 270 lbs. dressed! Big one hanging was 268 lbs. One in color pic was 255 lbs. My My My........

woods

Brian S

Reaction score
Woodseye,
  Are those bucks from Maine or Canada....They are awesome. I talked to my cousin in Connecticut  last week and he was talking about going up to Maine to for our Whitetail hunt this year. When does the rifle season open and is there a draw, its been 15 years since my last trip to Maine. You'd need three average southern California deer to out weigh those monsters.
Brian

woodseye

Reaction score
Hey Brian, Will probably open Nov. 2 but I haven't got my season book yet. no drawing unless you want anterless tag for doe. Season is bucks only otherwise. Yes they are Maine deer alright. I got a pic of a 310 lb. dressed buck and one with 8 inch + bases! Thats bigger than soda cans. If you decide to hunt Maine let me know I can put you on to some good spots in central part of state( best area for deer density) No need for guides you can hunt cheap. you can stop by and see some of my small bucks and assorted animals.

woods

Brian S

Reaction score
I thought our Connecticut bucks were big dressed from 140-170 last fall. Its a good thing I didn't see one of those 300 pound monsters the last time I was in Maine. I was 14 and hadn't seen a buck yet I could have been traumatized. I've been hunting California and utah for the most of the last 12 years and the last 2 years in Connecticut. I really have enjoyed my 2 whitetail hunts and can't wait to get back this fall. The weather chanel did a quick expose on tourism in Maine they had me sold til they said you get from 60-100 inches of snow every year.
Brian

davered1

Reaction score
Hey woodsy,

Does a poor Canuck(Canadian) need a guide down there in Maine.I am looking for a place to hunt in the states if my Antelope tag(Montana) does not come thru.

woodseye

Reaction score
No davered,no guide needed. Just a couple of strong backs if ya shoot a goodin. Its a pretty good deal huntin here,you can keep expences down and have a good big woods experience. Hunter sucess ratio is low but quality is high. Its a lot in knowing where the pockets of deer are. GOOD HUNTIN!

woods

woodseye

Reaction score
The one laying full length went 277 lb.(check out the body length and antler spread) The one with the hunter in the cat hat went 265 lb. and had 8 inch+ circumferences at the bases!(check out the right one it was 8 3/4 inches) The large necked one went 310 lb. dressed and a live weight of 370-380 lb. He must have eat his spinach growing up!

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Another thing about deer hunting Maine. Only about 2 deer per square mile.  Tough hunting but with bruisers like these up there it can be worth it.

ToddP

woodseye

Reaction score
Actually where we live and hunt densities are about  12-15 deer per square mile. Up north populations are much thinner and the deer are bunched up in tighter areas. Hunted up there for years and its TOUGH going! Once you get south of the big paper co. lands Theres more food and less coyotes. Sucess ratios run 6-10 percent up north and 20-25 percent south. Still not great by most hunters standards but not bad if you do your homework.

woods

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Nice Bucks.

Hey I didn't know that Ringo Starr was a hunter......

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
That first one is what dreams are made of.:shocked-big-eyes:
I wish we had deer like that in TN. Thanks for sharing

woodsman

Reaction score
Nice pics I hope you had some help getting them out of the woods .  :surprised-purple: Thanks for shareing .

(Edited by woodsman at 9:12 pm on Feb. 21, 2002)

woodseye

Reaction score
Heck-we don't lug em far,these are the ones we shoot in the fields along the roads! No tellin how big they are back in the woods a ways!!  HeHe

woods

Thonzberry

Reaction score
woodseye, Man those are some big bucks, the scary thaught is how big they would be in the woods :hair-raisin:

Brian S

Reaction score
Woodseye,
What hapened to the pics. I haven't looked at this thread for a couple weeks, but the pics were there last time. Is it just my computer or are they gone.
Brian

Top Bottom