Who else is going to the "Lodge";?

Ponscm

Reaction score
#18 for Saturday at Gray Lodge!!!!!  

I'll be up there Friday night in a green extended cab F-150 4X4 with my yellow lab drinking beers and B-B-Qing with Bodie and his yellow lab if any of y'all are going to be up there.  Swing by and say hello, drink a beer and tell a lie or two....

Bodie, did you get permission from the wife yet?!?!!?

hntndux

Reaction score
I'll be there Friday night at least from 6 til 8:30pm depending on how my lottery try goes at SAC.  I've got #190 for the lodge so I'm hoping to improve on that.  I'll be in a green chevy K2500 with a cabover doing the same thing, so maybe we'll see you there!

Swampy

Reaction score
I will be up there Wed. Take your dogs for a walk to the south/west end of trailerville and look for the goofy looking chessie. Always got a cold one to share.

Whoadog

Reaction score
 This will be my first year in many that I have not been up there for the opener, oh well my liver will be better for it.  I have to go to a wedding on Saturday early afternoon so i said to heck with it unless I was drawn for Delevan, Sac, or LDC.  There were plenty of ducks up there three weeks ago so it should be a good opener, good luck to all.

Brian

Brian

Duckit

Reaction score
Beginners luck!  First year I've put rese applications in for my son and he draws # 15 at the Lodge on opening day.  I just hope he lets me tag along!!
Look for a green Tundra with a camper shell - stop by and have a cold one.

Duckit

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
Dropped off the cabover on Sunday.  Its the white w/ green trim Bigfoot model near the entrance to the camper lot.  My big friend Pat will be their Wed to get a number, and my 10 year old Justin(and his ressie #16) will be their Thur evening to BBQ.  By the way I took a quick drive and saw alot of birds in the closed zone, but not that many elsewhere.  I did see the work done out of 10, I don't expect to hunt there this year, but maybe next.

Brian

Greenhead

Reaction score
Quacker- Did you happen to take a look around Lot 1? I've heard that they did a lot of work there over the summer, but I don't know about the damage. I don't personally hunt out of Lot 1, but I'm anticipating a lot of "overflow" if they've truly cleared as mush and as I've heard. Thanks.

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
GH, the gates were closed so I couldn't get off the main road to check that area.  Too bad bacause that would be my second choice after what they did to my spot out of lot 10.  Try giving a call to them, I called on lot 10 and the guy I talked to certainly couldn't be described as nice buy upon review this Sunday he didn't lie to me.

Whoadog

Reaction score
Greenhead,
 I shot my deer west of parking lot 1 a month ago and it lookes real good to me.  The area flooded had a good number of ducks and they were just beginning to flood the field I shot my deer in, which would be the extreme northwest corner, they call it field 9.

Brian

Bodie

Reaction score
Ponscm,

Yeah, I got permission from the wife to go out and play.  However, I was smart enough not get suckered into bringing the wife along for opening morning like you did!  

Greenhead

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'm hopeful, but doubtful, that I'll be able to get some info over the phone or take a peak on Friday. I swear I heard that they leveled lots of cover while installing new irrigation ditches around Lot 1. Maybe it was just a nightmare.

I had another nightmare where I showed up at LDC with the #1 ressie, during a cold wind and freeze, and had forgot both my waders and coat. Didn't get much sleep that night.

BCshasta

Reaction score
I have a reservation for Sunday at Gray Lodge. I'm going by myself. Anyone interested in getting on Sunday for having me along on Saturday?

twoducks

Reaction score
Greenhead, trust me the area North of parking lot #1 is devoid of any cover.  If you go west from the lot there is still good cover but across the ditch North and then east in what they call field or pond #2 is bare, I did not sere any cover at all.

Top Bottom