who has done any boating in any of these new mini jet boats 10-12 '

chinarider

Reaction score
there is a real surge in this type of jet boat both for pleasure and hunting . these mini jet boats come in many style and most are welded aluminum but these new all poly hulls are lighter and slide over logs/rocks/gravel bars with ease . most of these mini jet boats are using smaller watercraft type engine in 2 stroke and 4 stroke with HP rating from 70 to 300hp. here is a cpl pix of the type of mini inboard jet boats i am talking about.
we are planning a hunting trip in alaska using 2 of the poly type hulls later this yr for a caribou and moose hunt. we will take 2 of them and have 2 guys per boat.

84toyota

Reaction score
Look like fun! Not much room to haul gear and meat...

chinarider

Reaction score
you think there is not much room from just looking at a pic but they really have a lot of storage room. the bow can be set up for storage and also under the engine hatch with more storage over the hatch after we build a nice rail for the top of the hatch. these smaller jet boats are no toy they are set with great power to weight ratio and can haul a lot of weight . there is many rivers we hunt on that are very shallow and take us into areas those bigger jet boats just can not get to

jrod

Reaction score
Who makes the boats? They look bitchin. I really dig those jet sprint boats that are popular in Australia and Idaho.
Cheers

chinarider

Reaction score
they might hang you in new zealand for thinking sprint boat style hulls from oz and idaho are bitchin lol
that style of hull as well as jet boats first started in new zealand. that is where these poly mini jet boats are made. i am bringing over a few of them and fitting them with a cpl different 4 stroke engines like the weber MPE 155 hp turbo and the BRP 1503 4 tec engines

Top Bottom