Who Put in for Dove Lottory

cjack

Reaction score
I applied for all of the California dove lottery drawings hoping to get drawn for something on opening day. Two years ago I was selected for Pilibos and had my limit in about 1/2 hour. Deadline was yesterday, hope they post em up soon! Anyone else put in for these?

cjack

Reaction score
yes, but most if not all of the dove hunts had a 8/14 deadline which is why I'm hoping they post up the results soon!

jbv

Reaction score
I put in for it...when do those get drawn and posted??

cjack

Reaction score
Draw was yesterday, don't know when they will post results. Usually within a day or two. Good luck to ya jbv!

bunktheclown

Reaction score
Thanks for the info cjack. I did not know there were that many hunts available. Think I will put in for some of the upland hunts for my boys

KTKT70

Reaction score
dam. wish I knew about this. There is so much to learn about tags and hunts. I am sure it must take a few years just to learn the options. :smiley_doh:

Alexanty

Reaction score
I wish I would've thought to apply for these too! Does anyone know if there are any quail special hunts coming up that are worth applying to/what the procedure is?

bigolbuck

Reaction score
CWA has several hunts as well, which are still avalible. I put in with my buddy for the areas that we know hold a lot of birds, Pilbos being one of them. We drew for a good place last opening Saturday, done in aout 1/2 hour. We drew Pilbos on Sunday, done in about 45 min. it was a nice weekend. I have the CWA and DFG special hunts bookmarked in my computer to make things easier.

bigolbuck

Reaction score
Some Success thus far!

My son got drawn for Pilbos Sunday the 2nd afternoon hunt. By that time the doves will be thinner and more educated. Waiting to see if my buddy got any draws for us?!?!?!

gozags09

Reaction score
Got drawn for Los Banos Sept 1st. Have never hunted dove there before, but I did draw number 1 so I guess I'll be the first one to pick the wrong field! =)

cjack

Reaction score
Drew North Grasslands Wildlife Area, Salt Slough Unit opening morning!:smiley-mouse:

gozags09

Reaction score
Drew North Grasslands Wildlife Area, Salt Slough Unit opening morning!:smiley-mouse:
there you go! Good luck to you! Oh and if anyone has hunted dove at Los Banos in the past a report on how they did would be appreciated. Not looking for spots...

ChkrChsr

Reaction score
Have a safe and fun shoot cjack! Let's get together in a month for some puppy training.

HuntnBrew

Reaction score
619, I put in for the rancho jamul too. Have you ever hunted it?

cjack

Reaction score
Have a safe and fun shoot cjack! Let's get together in a month for some puppy training.
Wow! That would be great! I am getting nervous about the arrival of the pup because after reading all the books I've come to realize that I haven't got a clue what I am doing and I really want to get this little girl off on the right foot. Hoping I can pick up enough pointers from experienced veterans like you and others to make her a respectable hunting partner. I love hunting new areas and it will be fun to see what North Grassland WA has to offer.. From past experience DFG always put on good hunts.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom