Who went out yesterday?

hntndux

Reaction score
Hunted Gray Lodge yesterday and the birds finally decided to cooperate.  Pops and I had limits by 11:30, but should have been done much sooner.  Mostly gads and widg with a few a teal and a sprig mixed in.  Three weeks ago I was ready for the season to end, now I'm wishing it wasn't ending this week.

Tim P

Reaction score
San Luis yesterday, didn't get out to the area we wanted to go but ended the day with 12 GW teal, a spoonie, and two greenheads. (3 guys)
Better than expected for sure.
TimP

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Met up with Scott (GrtWytHunter) at Mendota for the hunt yesterday.  We hunted opposite ends of the pond with opposite results.  

I ended the day with two green heads, a gwt and a cinnamon teal.  Blew two easy opportunities for my bull sprig too.  

Had a nice shot on a speck at about 25 yards, but all I got was feathers.  He was still flying when I lost sight of him out over the distant farmland.  Living up to my screen name, I suppose.

Had some skybusters set up kind of between us.  Problem was, they had a great spread, the best location on the pond, and their calling was real good.  They drew all the birds in, but then shot at them mostly out of range.  

Swampy

Reaction score
Used one of my rare ressies on Weds. When we left Sac the average was a 5.0! Awesome day in the field! I got a bonus Canadian Goose. I noticed on the way home that any field that was moist had ducks in it. They are definitely in the valley! To bad the season is almost over. All in all a helluva great way for my last Weds hunt.

hntndux

Reaction score
Sounds like those that made it out did good.  That's good to hear about SAC.  I'll be making a trek up there tomorrow night with my final stop at Granzelas for the season.  Hopefully, SAC will be as good on Saturday.

Megadeth

Reaction score
Had a great day myself. 1 bull, 2 greenheads, 2 gads, 1 widg. Who drives the green Chevy s10 with the JHP sticker in the rear window?

huntducks

Reaction score
I also Had a good shoot and was not sick, shot San Jac. had 5 birds 1 pin 1 Red Head 1 mallard 1 Gad 1 Widgeon, left about 10 after I missed 3 straight single wedgeheads 9 shots total, guess it was the shells or was I getting sick again. hehehe.

Greenhead

Reaction score
I was going to go shoot the river, and then I decided to save a vacation day for fishing. The minute I got up yesterday and looked out the window I knew I had made a mistake. I think today (cold, windy and cludy) would ahve been an even better option for the river. Supposed to be cold and breezy all weekend, and I hope that's true.

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
Farres,
Right on both accounts - should have used that vacation time.  Yes today was worth being out, but yesterday was probably better.  

Megadeth

Reaction score
Feelinducky- Howard was the place. I had a great shoot, howd you do?

Top Bottom