WHo's a Member of QU?

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here a member of Quail Unlimited?

I joined the Orange County chapter two years ago and became the Habitat Co-ordinator this year.

(Edited by karstic at 4:43 pm on May 9, 2002)

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I am Karstic, however not sure what I gained from it other than trying to help support something I like?!?!  Magazine is only so-so IMHO.  I joined at last years shooting fair.

Frank

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
I’m not a paying member but help out the San Diego chapter do habitat work from time to time when I know where the monthly projects are. I have also helped out with the snake brake fundraisers. Call me strange but I like helping with the rattlesnakes the most.  WBH

Marty

Reaction score
Just joined the national this year.  I'll have to drop by one of the OC meetings and say Hi.  The evenings are always difficult.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Frank

I would encourage you to get involved in a local chapter. The San Gabriel chapter meets at TripleB in Rosemead and the Orange County chapter meets in Santa Ana just south of the 22 freeway. Participating in a chapter aloows you to meet other hunters and work on the habitat projects that increase our hunting opportunities.

I agree the magazine is so-so, I think it's geared more toward the SE US.

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Karstic, I totally agree and have often thought about getting involved.  I do believe it is very important /critical. I think it's just a matter of time before I do.  Thank You for the reminder / push. I do appreciate it !

Frank    

Pasco

Reaction score
I'm also a dues paying member of the OC chapter.  I have yet to make it to a meeting.  Almost went Tuesday but alas, another little league game followed by a pizza party.  My kids always win the fight for my time when there are conflicts (little league, soccer, homework, church, etc.).  I'm planning for the June meeting, maybe we'll see you there.  Karstic, congratulations on your new position, will the Camp Cady project continue through the summer?  Yes, I do check the web site from time to time.

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Is there any QU chapters in the High Desert ???  I've thought about joining QU for awhile, more so for the habitat projects that anything else. I hunt the High Desert more so than any place else so would rather put my time and money into this area.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Mt Goat,

I believe there is a chapter in Ridgecrest although I don't know too much about it.

SoCalxJr check your inbox

boutdoors4

Reaction score
I've been a member of the San Gabriel chapter 1 year. I went to the meeting last night  I like the habitat projects, and meeting new hunting partners and new places to hunt I never thought I would like belonging to an organization because of the politics involved, but everyone has been very friendly and helpful.

(Edited by boutdoors4 at 7:45 pm on May 9, 2002)

JForgy

Reaction score
I am a member of the San Gabriel Chapter of QU also, we have some great BBQ/shoots at Triple B Clays where we meet.  The Quail Walks can be especially tough.

The habitat projects that the QU chapters do locally are really what they are all about, and that is why I joined.  Lots of nice people with the same interests.  It's really alot of fun to compare notes with other chapters on how they do things in their area.

Rick

Reaction score
My brother used to be President or Vice President of the San Gabriel Chapter, and his wife used to do the newsletters up until a couple of years ago.   He returned to school late in life, got his degrees and works for US Fish and Wildlife in Sacramento now.  I just don't think I have time to get involved in another activity, between work, the Scouts and a four-year old son.   I do support their mission, though.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
If you ever have any Scouts looking for service project hours send 'em to a local QU chapter to help with a habitat project.

JForgy

Reaction score
To Rick, I just got an email last week from Greg and Anita, past SGVQU chapter chairman, and newsletter author. Looks like they are doing fine.  They both did a great job and seemed to really enjoy there involment in QU.  If you ever get any extra time, stop in for any chapters meeting, it's nice to be around others with the same views on habitat and hunting.

Rick

Reaction score
JForgy - Greg is back in the Washington DC area for some training or a seminar or something, and Anita is flying out tomorrow in the wee small hours to join him for some vaction time and to see all the historical and intersting spots back there.    I work on Walnut Grove in Rosemead now, so I really should stop by one of the San Gabriel Valley Chapter's meetings.  BY the time I'm done at work, though, I'm usually ready to get home and relax.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom