whos got predator hunting dogs??

redfox18

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on here is running yotes with hounds or decoy dogs???Anyone running fox???Im thinking in a few years when we get the new house built Id like to get a couple yote hounds,I heard they get addictive though.

RIFLEMAN

Reaction score
Hello redfox18,

I run grey fox (in addition to hogs, coon, bear and cat) with hounds.  

I had an uncle who used to run coyote, fox and cat in Oklahoma who said that he couldn't imagine anything more exciting than running coyote.  You might want to check out Hunter's Horn and Red Ranger magazines.

Regards,
RIFLEMAN

Terrierman

Reaction score
I don't too much running these days, but when predators go to ground....they are are all mine with my terriers.

However, I have been seriously thinking about getting a Lurcher specifically for running down Yote.

goatman

Reaction score
Yup been running yote hounds for 27 years now. We are getting our biggest snow for the year right now. Round here the big snows causes the yotes to bay up and not run. Dogs stretchum right there. But usually they are very entertaining. You would be suprised where they will run to when pressed.

redfox18

Reaction score
thanks for the ideas on the mags riffleman.I should would like to do some of that yote running with hounds,I think it would be easier then foxes,like terrior said I would think thwey would be in the ground pretty easy.Sure would like to see them yotes try to fight off a pack of hounds

RIFLEMAN

Reaction score
goatman,

What do you run coyote with?  Running Walkers? Julys?  Goodmans?  Triggs?

Whereabouts you live?

Terrierman

Reaction score
Goatman, oh man your not kidding!  A Yote Baying Up? hahaha thats suicide!  Is there anything left when you get there?

boarrunner

Reaction score
I had a coyote decoy dog that was a Kemmer Cur,
I'M going to try to get another one when I go visit a friend in New Mexico.He uses a decoy dog and Grey Hounds, or just the Grey Hounds, he also uses Salukis. talk about an exciting race those Grey Hounds show no mercy when it comes to catching.

Terrierman

Reaction score
Boarrunner; Thats what I'm talking about! For a Predator, use a predator.  Its the funniest thing calling in a Yote who thinks he is coming! And then watching him get run down and smoked by a Lurcher hound or two.

I'd like to here more about the advantages and disadvantages on using the Saluki vs Greyhound.

goatman

Reaction score
Rifleman we run mostly running walkers with one july. Only the older ones are capable of handling a yote. I'm from west central IL and the male yotes average around 35lbs. We love to go to the brush with the hounds on foot.Terrierman our hounds take a beaten when it comes bay time.

Nitro

Reaction score
Nothing gets the blood flowing through my veins faster on a cold morning than a good pack of hounds about 6 feet behind a yote! I got 2 today! Hounds caught one right in the middle of a creek.

Top Bottom