Who's seeing any poults?

Tominator

Reaction score
Anybody seeing any? Work has kept me from checking on them in the areas I hunt but the weather certainly has been favorable for them lately. We've had 2 good reproduction years in arow here in SC, a third would be awesome!
Tominator

killinturks

Reaction score
i personally hav'nt seen any yet but the woman has seen some.the critters seem messed up this year. i have been seeing baby sandhill cranes for 3 weeks and today i saw some doing the mating dance in my dads field. my brother got some walleyes the other night still had spawn in them. strange

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Not a one cuz the mountains where I work hold few turkeys. The other montains across from where I work now is where I see more turkeys and hunt. Wish I could work over there.

AimHigh

Reaction score
The Oregon season goes until May 31 and I hunted the last week there for a couple of days.  One day I saw a hen with eight poults.  It was like a wildlife video.  At one point the hen flew 40 feet into the air to chase off a red-tailed hawk.  20 minutes later a coyote dashed in and scattered the poults.  The hen spent the next 10 minutes trying to chase off the coyote but it didn't care.  After he found one, ate it, and kept searching I sacraficed my hunt to chase off the dog.  He was, after all, eating my future hunting opportunities.  It's a tough world out there for those little guys.

The birds were still hot late in the season with no hens.  I called in a six-pack for my friend but he somehow botched the shot at a two-year-old from 18 paces...

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
I've seen groups every morning as I leave my house here in the No Cal foothills.  Actually my wife came home this evening to let the dogs out for a little run and our boxer/shepard mix took off down to our creek and scattered 2 hens and about 8 little ones.  Unfortunately she ended up grabbing one of them, my wife got it away and I tried to take it down to where I saw the hens go, but I don't know if it will be a happy ending for the little one or the coyotes that live around here. We have a ton of turkeys around here, I have some digital picks of the spring opener where I had approx 45 turkey sitting right down by my creek.  Unfortunately I only have 2 acres, maybe enough to bow-hunt if I ever get good enough, but not safe for shotguns.

Mailman

Reaction score
I heard some guys seen some on our GA lease but I think they are holding out on me.Go Tigers!!!

Tominator

Reaction score
You're not privy to that info after the way you handled the situation with the limbhanger that was put in your lap. And yes folks, it was a limbhanger,  Gobblestopper has the pictures to proove it.
Tominator

SPUR

Reaction score
I've seen 2 bunches on our place in MO. 1 bunch was a hen and 4 poults and the other was 4 hens with 15-20 poults.

henriksson

Reaction score
I just came back from Boy Scout camp (as one of the leaders). On the field outside the campsite I saw 2 hens with 7 poults. Unfortunately, no hunting there.

woodsman

Reaction score
I've got them running around behind the house ,On every roll of film I develop I get at least 3 to 4 pics, I've got to stop and let a Jake cross the street almost every morn near the house  

Welby

Reaction score
I've been seeing a couple of hens and at least a dozen poults regularly near where I am currently building my house.  It's so amazing how fast those things grow.  Just a couple of weeks ago they were about the size of quail.  Now, they look two or three times that size.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom