Why cant i post this pic

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
I go to browse at the bottom of the page to attach one of my images and after i type my message and have the pic there i click post new topic and after it loads it says cannot load this type of file....need some help

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
Dunno what u mean...i cant even email the pic cause it says its 1.28MB and the limit for a email message it said is 1MB

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
It's on those WAL MART PICTURES ON CD things. can i make the size smaller so i can post them. they are some good pics

Cloak N Dagger

Reaction score
The Software that usually comes with the Walmart CD's is Photoimpression. Just open the pic with it, and look at the controls on the right side of the screen. Up near the top of the column, there is an icon that looks like a little box in a bigger box.

That's your resize tool. Shrink the size, and save it to your computer.

To check the sixe, go to where ever you saved it, and right click on the picture. Select properties. it should show you the size. Make sure it's under 150k and 600 wide.

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
it don't say anything about the size when i try to post it here, it just says that it cant upload that type of file

Cloak N Dagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIbuckdropper@Jul 23 2004, 10:06 PM
it don't say anything about the size when i try to post it here, it just says that it cant upload that type of file
I doubt you can crop enough of the image to make a 1+ mg file small enough.
You'll have to resize it.

What is the name of the software that came on the Wally World CD? If it's PhotoImpression, use the instructions I posted above to resize ... not crop it.

If the software is Microsoft Picture It ... Open it, then look at the top of your screen and click on FORMAT ... then RESIZE Image, and save it to your hard drive as a JPG (Jpeg) file.

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
ok man i'm on the microsoft picture it and in the resize section...how small should it be?

shadow

Reaction score
Just add your photo to the JHO Photo Gallery and it will size it for you then just add a link in your post to it. No need to resize anymore or mess with all that stuff.

Cloak N Dagger

Reaction score
On step #2 of the resize, when it asks to "select a page size" .... select CUSTOM.

After you do that you'll see a box underneath it that says UNITS

Select PXL

Then set your picture to the size you want it. Don't go over 600 pxl's in width for this site.

Play around with it for a while and have fun.

Hope that helps.

Here's one of a young bear, that I just did from a large pic that I resized, framed, and edited.

It's 435 X 320 and only 42.3k

bat

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIbuckdropper@Jul 23 2004, 09:06 PM
MIbuckdropper, it will say this even if it is a size issue. After you resize it like the guys are telling you it will allow it to be posted. The two that you did get attached you actually got too small when you resized them. With a little practice you will get it right. Checking the properties of the picture should show you when it is about 150K or below.

C&D that's creative. Good one!
bat

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
ok i figured it out. I posted a bunch of pics yesterday on here but havent had replies yet. I have pics in whitetail hunting and even in turkey hunting for a pic of my first turkey..thanks for the help fellas. take a look at my bucks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom