Why Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals

easymoney

Reaction score
"Conservatives also scored highest on measures of rationalization, which gauge a person's tendency to justify, or explain away, inequalities"
Micht be one of the reasons...

easymoney

Reaction score
But, nearly two years the liberal dems took control of the house. And seeing that they have not accomplished one damn thing but whining, it's no wonder conservatives are so happy...

leftyhunter

Reaction score
Easy,

The Dems just proposed major relief to homeowners facing foreclosure plus the have been increasing pay and bennies for our returning vets. When they get more members which they have just gotten a few in the solid Republican south and a Dem is elected president things will start changing.

Leftyhunter

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
Ah yes, change. Change is what the Democrats want, and change is what they'll get...every nickel and dime they can get their hands on, and right out of the pockets of those of us who bought houses just before the crash, but planned ahead, did not buy outside of our means, and are not being foreclosed upon.

For the vets, however, what's mine is theirs.

CC Lefty

Reaction score
I'm surprised none of the libs went with the "just another confirmation that ignorance truely is bliss", or "simple minds, simple pleasures" kind of response. Seemed like a slow pitch right over the plate to me...

easymoney

Reaction score
lefty, who do you think is going to pay for that rediculous bailout? I for one, have no problem with any help for the vets, but to bail out lendors and borrowers who stepped in way over their heads for mainly greed, is plain stupid... Flippers and speculators took a chance and lost, now we are going to pay for their loss?

Dingo Dog

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Lets redo the survey after Nov -4th.[/b]
This has nothing to do with being generally happy. Most, but not all Conservatives follow a lifestyle of Christian values that leads to a productive satisfieing life. Liberals are generally unhappy because they have a sense of guilt that they live with because of their lack of morals and values. This gap will only get wider as this country becomes more liberal. Pretty sad.

OneBubba

Reaction score
Conservative: Belief that the Gov't is a necessary evil, tend their own business and feel they are responsible for their own actions!

Liberal: Belief that the Gov't is good, want YOU to do business THEIR way, and feel that the Gov't is their Savior when something goes wrong!

Conservatives want smaller Gov't, less taxes, and stand up for America's Second Amendment rights.

Liberals want BIGGER Gov't. They tax us more, then tell us what we must do to get "some" of the money back and don't want anyone to own firearms!

Conservatives are happier because they worked for and are proud of what they have "earned", take care of themselves.

Liberals just want the Gov't to tax us so they can get a bigger "Welfare" check!

Don't get me started. I helped elect "Slick Willy" the first time! Since then I have awakened and realized just where the Liberals stand! Todays Democratic party is not the same one my dad voted for in 1944!

OneBubba

easymoney

Reaction score
Because according to another post we live in the simple back and white world, where as liberals are mired in a life of grey... LOL

leftyhunter

Reaction score
I don't know if conservatives can any more point fingers at the dems and call them tax and spend liberals when under Bush our deficit has been skyrockting. Forget if we win or lose in Iraq and Afganistan we will have a huge bill to pay for returning vets who are wounded and mentally ill. Someone will have to pay the billions of dollars that our govt has borrowed since Bush took office. I bet more then a few Republicans have voted for the housing bill and the farm bill. i am am all for spending less money but fighting overseas isn't the way to achieve that goal.

Mccain may very well be our next president but judging from that last three congressional races that the Repubs have lost in safe territory he may not get a lot done. No matter what in not to distant future we will have to pay the bills the Bush gave us.

Leftyhunter

Top Bottom