Wife must be getting younger

FTTPOW

Reaction score
After riding off-road for over 40 years my wife has decided to make me a road rider. We went to the bike shop and came home with a new ride. We now want to take some road trips on a new KTM 1190 Adventure. To be honest I was rather intimidated when I first threw a leg over it. I haven't ridden a road bike since '73, other than a 2 mile ride on a Harley about 6 years ago. To say they've come a long way is an understatement to say the least. It really feels like a dirt bike with it's ergonomics and is very comfortable, but it's got horsepower I don't ever want to push to the limits. After the solo ride, we rode 2-up for awhile. By the time we got back to the dealer we knew it was coming home with us!
There's more computer controlled do-dads and gee-gaws on the handle bar controls than there is on a new car, suspension settings, road conditions, ABS braking, the whole gauntlet. It's gonna take some time getting used to it. Once we get the right luggage configuration on it, we're going to give it a few overnight test rides and see how many miles we can put on it this summer. Looks like life is about to change!
I couldn't bring myself to part with any of my current stock, yet, so this just adds one more to my KTM stable. I hope to add a few off-road rides this year as well. I'm gonna need a bigger barn to keep all 6 in house. Whatever it takes to keep the missus happy.

TheGDog

Reaction score
And I'm over here contemplating going the other direction! Have my Honda PC800 that I don't hardly ride... just sold my KX500 cause it's just too much of a beast for me to ride anymore. Was thinking about one of those dual-sport WR250R's. Nice and thin and not taking up much space in the garage.

Top Bottom