Wife wants a Quail

Hager

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been telling my wife how great this website is and how much knowledge I'm gaining but she keeps telling me that if I'm going to make her move to So Cal I better find some quail for her to cook.  If any body can give me info on quail hunting down hear near Carlsbad it would be greatly appreciated
P.S. She's a gourmet cook, so if you hook me up I might have you over for roasted Quail.

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Hager

Try Camp Pendelton (SP) in Oceanside. Last year it was closed to the puplic for good reasons. If they open it up this year you might try it. But you'll need to call and register before the season starts.

songdog

Reaction score
Try the Mt. Laguna area just east of San Diego (the part that didn't burn).  You'll find both Valley and Mountain quail there.  If you continue east on the 8 you'll find plenty of them running around in the desert areas between the 8 and the Mexican border.  Be ready for the border patrol guys to appear out of nowhere but they're generally really good guys and are always interested to hear if you got anything.  They'll often point you to where they've seen birds recently too.

EVAN III

Reaction score
  Hager,
Tell your wife there are plenty of quail to go around out here. I've never hunted the SD area yet, but as bad is this season should be, I 've seen plenty of quail around. Come on down, I'm sure someone will be able to put you on some birds in your area.

EVAN III

Top Bottom