Wife's B-day same as openening day any advise

lxtrail

Reaction score

I THOUGHT THAT THIS WOULD BE A FUNNY TOPIC TO FIND OUT ABOUT. MY SOON TO BE WIFE'S BIRTHDAY IS THE SAME DAY AS OPENENING DAY OF THE ZONE I AM HUNTING. I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU GUY HAVE ANY GOOD STORIES OF THIS TYPE OR CAN TELL ME A WAY TO KEEP MY BEHIND OUT OF THE FORSEEABLE SLING IT WILL BE IN. ANY HELP I WILL TAKE

GOOD LUCK IN THE FIELD!!

Attachments

Rookies

Reaction score
I aint married yet but my suggestion would be to stick with the soon to be wifes birthday. You wanna keep them numbers up if this is going to be the lucky ladie. Now if you were married already you would probably slip away and she wouldnt even notice. I guess thats what marriage does to you, thats what I've heard.

Tree Doc

Reaction score
Just cancel the wedding plans now...it will save you a great deal of money and grief!

Brewbear1

Reaction score
My wife was due on open day in 1998 with our son. 1 week later she poped and the sweet talking started. I made it up closeing weeking. So I suggest sweet talking, takeing her out the week before.

Ps! GOOD LUCK!!

Brewbear

Constitutionalist

Reaction score
Give her an EXCEPTIONAL present a day early (so she knows you didn't forget) and if she is worth keeping she'll let you out to play.

easymoney

Reaction score
I agree with constitutionalist.
Do something really special for her, like give her a day all to herself.
Get a gift certificate at a spa or salon for a complete lavious make over, some flowers, a lunch with her gal pals, then a dinner reservation for you and she at her fav restaurant. Of course it will cost you a bunch, but how much is it worth to you, to go do something you really enjoy, especially if you have planned an expensive hunt. It has worked for me in the past on conflicts of dates to hunt. Women tend to get all worked up if you do something special for them.
Good luck

VHRAM

Reaction score
YOUR SCREWED
JUST BUY HER MOM A NICE NECKLACE AND SLIP HER DAD A NEW SHOTGUN AND HAVE THEM COME UP WITH A NEW BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND HAVE THEM TELL THEIR DAUGHTER THEY HAVE BEEN WRONG ALL THIS TIME.

subfan

Reaction score
My daughter's birthday is on dove opener. With her Hunter Ed out of the way, future birthdays will be spend in the dove fields with the party at camp that night.

lxtrail

Reaction score
THANKS GUYS, ILL TAKE THE ADVISE AND USE BITS AND PIECES OF IT FROM EVERYONE. I NEVER THOUGHT WOMEN COULD GET SO MAD OVER A LITTLE HUNITNG. I GUESS THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GROW UP BEING THE OLDEST OF 4 BROTHERS. NO GIRLS TO EVER WORRY ABOUT. NEEDLESS TO SAY SHE WAS PISSED WHEN I LET HER KNOW THE DATES THE OTHER DAY. I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT RUNNING, AND RUNNING FAR BUT SHE HAS A NOSE LIKE A BLOODHOUND SHE WOULD FIND ME TO JUST KICK ME IN THE NUTTS. WELL THANKS FOR THE ADVISE AND KEEPO THEM COMING

lxtrail

Reaction score
I WOULD TAKE HER WITH ME BUT SHE NOT TO OUTDOORSY, AND WE HAVE A 7 MONTH OULD DAUGHTER AND ONE TO WATCH HER. AND THIS IS A TRIP THAT THERE ARE LIKE 8 GUYS GOING AND I DOPNT THINK SHE WOULD LIKE BEING AROUND THAT MUCH TESTOSETERONE. GOOD IDEAL BUT WRONG SITUTATION
GOOD LUCK IN THE FIELD

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
I say your life is over. RUN MAN!!! RUN LIKE THE WIND!!!

When the wife and I started getting serious, I made it clear that she wouldn’t see much of me from October through January. She never so much as muttered a hint of objection. Then on a seemingly normal April day… she got pregnant.

Lets just say things started to change. When hunting season came along, I was called everything but a white man. I stood my ground, reminding her of our earlier arrangement, to no avail.
I’ve never been one to show much emotion or sensitivity so with little regard I put my foot down. A’ hunting I went.
I guess I got a little carried away hunting the week before my daughter was born, but I was dogged determined to show that dang woman who’s the boss.
I could go on and on how my plan backfired. I’m referring to my “original plan” (she wouldn’t see much of me… blah blah blah).
If you have a serious relationship with a girl who is giving you a hard time over hunting on her B-Day, YOU ARE SCREWED!!!
As bad as my wife may get, I still fish on her B-day. She is more than welcome to join, heck we go in her honor.
I may have been pushing it when I went on the JHO P.O.R on our 11th Anniversary.

Don’t be a tool. Put your foot down and be as happy as ME!

lxtrail

Reaction score
more word from wise men. i did tell her the same thing about being out hunting from the first of september all the way till i am done with hunting. this was when we first started seeing each other as well. last year she was sick i took care of her and didnt say two things about it. but i guess they forget those things. i think i am going to take her to lake tahoe the night before ( even those i planned on scouting ) but oh well sacrafices. i tried telling her we would go and have breakfest on the lake she said hell no not the same. i stood my ground and told her she was going to be hungry on her birthday then. that just bumped up her pissed off meter to full tilt
well thanks for the advise i love to hear it....
good luck in the field

dusty20

Reaction score
Me and my wife have been married for 31 years and when hunting season rolls around she almost shoves me out the door to get rid of me, I don't know if thats a good think or bad thing. She never complains about me being gone for a 7-10 day hunting trip as long as it's 4 legged and no 2 legged deer. Your time will come lxtrail, time has a way of changing things, just be patience it will happen, belive me. I have been packing with horses for 30 years and shes yet to go on a pack trip with me, it's just not her thing so I go solo 99% of the time. Good luck.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
when hunting season rolls around she almost shoves me out the door to get rid of me[/b]
Perhaps that's why the (estimated) conception day for all of my kids has always been when she let me go w/out a fight?…Hmmm… (scratching chin vigorously)?

One Track

Reaction score
Dude:

Don't be a fool. Go hunting. If she gives you a hard time, she doesn't love you. I can't stand a wife that doesn't support her man in doing what he loves.I have a couple buddies that I hunted with in high school. They married these dumb selfish bitches, and they haven't hunted since. I look at them like they are spineless cowards and just shake my head.

The time to stay home is when she is really sick, like you did. That shows you really care. Or, maybe if you just spent ten days, out of state. Maybe you will need to put off duck hunting the next weekend.

I'm lucky. I have a wife that gets it. I also support her in what she loves. She does these little trips to fun place with her girlfriends. I say, "Go honey, have fun, you deserve it. I'll watch the kids for three days." When she gets back, the house is clean, the kids are fed, and I'm packin' for a fishin' trip or a huntin' trip. "See ya. Love ya. B-bye."

I'll be huntin the Kaibab in November on her birthday. I'll get her a kick ass spa weekend cuz I know she loves that stuff.

No fun livin' with somebody that doesn't enjoy seeing YOU enjoying YOUR life. And, huntin' and fishin' is enjoyin' life, in my book.

And, it won't change. If you have kids with a woman like that, you are totally hosed. Cuz, you won't want to piss them off, as they might run away and take your offspring, your future huntin' buddies.

Okay, done!

Modocer

Reaction score
You need to get her a trip to a day spa or something like that. Let he go do her thing and you get to go hunting.

fpscabs

Reaction score
Now, this is a bit late for this year, but next time, try to make plans or pick a season that you don't have to miss her b-day. Opening day is opening day. Usually more crowded than most of the season.

I see One-track's point, but sometimes with careful planning, you don't have to make a big thing about going. Our anniversary is in early September, I personally won't mess that date doing something for just me. Not that I am spinless, but I feel that is our day. I like to do something with her, without the kids,
, for the weekend before or after. It sets me up for most of the weekends during the rest of hunting season.

Also, every child can be planned. Learn how to plan! Never rely on someone else to plan. Don't mess up the Fall with a child birth and then birthdays in later years. Besides, in some States, a kid has to be 12 to send in an application to hunt deer (CA).

Yes, sometimes your spouse will change as your collective lives grow. Just learn to be flexable with certain things. Let them drive the car, just don't tell them YOU have laid out the track they have to follow. Sometimes, it might be helpful to ask them how to address the issue. Instead of TELLING them your plans with a "I am doing this...", present the delima to them, let them come up with the same plan, and they feel THEY found the solution. Remember, bridges not walls

BigDog

Reaction score
Every year, B zone opens on or right at my wife's B Day, 9-17. Luckily, she isn't a stickler for celebrating things on the exact day. Seems like throughout the year, one of us is usually off doing something on the special days (b days, aniversary, etc.). So, we have a big time either before or after.
We have to let each other follow our own hobbies or neither of us are happy.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom