Wild wing game birds

wingshooter-kj

Reaction score
I think that was the name of the guys place. There used to be a guy out in Nuevo that sold quail, pheasants, and chukar. I don’t remember his name and when I call the number I found on google it’s always busy. Anyone know how I can get ahold of him? Or anywhere else selling game birds for training at a reasonable price? Thanks!

Frank X. Morris

Reaction score
Howdy wingshooter-kj,
While I was looking around on Google maps I had this pop up. McDonald Game Birds in eastern part of Lancaster west of Lake LA. I don't know anything about them. I do have the phone number if you think you might be interested.

Bankrunner

Reaction score
It may be more work than your looking for but you could buy chicks and raise em up for training. I've got chickens from these guys and they have game birds (chicks) available thru the mail.
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/index.html
The other thing that works great for training is wings. Keep em in the freezer when not in use during training.
I use self harvested duck wings for training my dogs but (and i may be off base here) you might find pheasant or chukar wings available thru the mail if you look.

wingshooter-kj

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s guys! I’ve got pleanty of frozen birds and wings I use for “dead bird” training but I would like to get this pup on plenty of live flying birds befor season. I’m thinking about ordering chicks but I don’t have a flight pen not sure how well they would fly if I just raised them in a small pen.

54hawken

Reaction score
I raised pheasants for 10 years PIA! you need a brooder to keep them warm for first 4 to 5 weeks, debeaker to trim beaks then hood them so they don't eat each other, find a local mill to buy gamebird feed in bulk. If you really want to give it a try send me a pm and I will help you get started and even buy some bird If you raise enough. If you raise birds for friends make sure you get enough of a deposit to cover your cost I stopped raising birds because I got tired of people not paying their bill

Top Bottom