Wilderness Athlete

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
I've being hearing good stuff about the Wilderness Athlete products. Do you guys know where I can get these products at a discount price?

Thanks!!

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think you'll be able to find it discounted as WA sets an MSRP for it....but i will say, it's worth paying retail for. Do you know which products you're going to get?

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Well, all their products seem to be good, but I mainly want to get the Hydro Max and multivitamins...the gels and energy drink seem very good too. I'm preparing for a half marathon and with this temps I sure need as much help as I can.

I used to take cytomax and the hammer products, which are very good, but I rather have equally or better products made by/for hunters...

I really like how they have those comparison tables with other quality products...

What's your opinion about them? Recommendations??

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
Definately with the half marathon next month, i'd go w/ the gels and hydro2max. With the drink mix, try a scoop and a half in your bottle first, then add more or less depending on your taste preference. I've been using it for the past 5 months racing my mtn bike and it's been working great.......it performs much better than Cyto.

For hunting season, get the multi's, performance bars, and add some Energy and Focus drink mix. Those are all a great combo for multiday hunts. I'm going w/ the multi-day packs for this fall, which have everything ya need.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
The 1/2 marathon is actually in August, so I still have some training time, but yesterday when I went out for a short run I was feeling drained! No matter how much water I drank, I was still thirsty...The temps in the 90s did not help either...

About the gels...MOUNTAIN MOCHA or MOUNTAIN BERRY?

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Agreed with AS. For hunting you'll want a few bars (Mtn Berry is my favorite) and the Hydrate and Recover at a minimum. That will keep you going and fueled. I keep the H and R in my hydration bladder all day. I'd also recommend some gels and the Energy and Focus too. E and F is great to hit in the morning on about the 4th day when getting out of bed is tough. It's also great to chase down a gel shot with mid morning when the glassing starts to get slow and that sun on your back is calling you for a little snooze. The multi vitamins are great for everyday use wheter in the field or not, and the Altitude Advantage might help you acclimate on those first few days in the high country.

You can buy directly off of Wilderness Athlete's web site, but first I would sugggest that you call your local dealer and ask if they carry it. If not, ask them to.

As a side note, I've also found another very beneficial use for Energy and Focus. It really helps ya bounce back after a few too many adult beverages the night before.
I'm sure that's not what WA intended it for but, hey, it works!

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SDHNTR @ May 15 2008, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As a side note, I've also found another very beneficial use for Energy and Focus. It really helps ya bounce back after a few too many...[/b]

LOL My mind was taking me somewhere else...LOL

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
Mtn Berry Gels are my pick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
No matter how much water I drank, I was still thirsty[/b]
If you were drinking just plain water, switch to the Hyrdo2Max and you should see a difference. When i drink just plain water on a hot day of excercise, it just sits in my stomach, you need some extra sodium in your drink to help empty your stomach and get the water to your cells.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Sportsmans Warehouse is starting to carry Wilderness Athlete products. Ed F

2rocky

Reaction score
AS I'll Have to disagree with you on the gel flavor...Moutain mocha or the eXpresso are my pick of the litter...

BCH- Which half are you training for? I'm doing Rock n'Roll in San Diego June 1. I like the way the WA gels feel in my mouth and gut better than the other brands do.

Nate, you summed it up well...I'm gonna have to try the Alert as a" morning after " remedy, although the Chaser really works throughout the night...

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BOWUNTR @ May 15 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sportsmans Warehouse is starting to carry Wilderness Athlete products. Ed F[/b]
SW up the road from me has only carried the bars in the past. It will be nice if they expand their selection.
This year I think I'll mostly order the muti day packs directly from WA.

Kirk let me know if your going to be placing any orders for this summer.

fishnhuntfreak

Reaction score
are their any other products simular to their drink mix that is a litte cheaper i unload trailers all day and i was going to get the WA products for work but figuared they would cost me a fortune if i was drinking them 10 hrs a day 5 days a week.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
2Rocky, I'm doing the San Francisco 1/2 marathon in August...1st half, I always wanted to run across the Golden Gate bridge...will see, my only previous experience is a 5K and a couple of sprint triathlons.

Fishhuntfreak, I used Cytomax before and it's a good energy drink, but just slightly cheaper. Maybe powdered Gatorade??

Top Bottom