Wilderness Survial

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
I am in the market for any good books or DVD's on Wilderness Survial. I got one from REI (Brunton Survial Guide on DVD) but it was not that good. Anybody seen anything good? Basically, looking for something where you are stuck in BFE and all you have is a pocket knife and whats in your daypack....Thanx guys..

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
For some reason this topic has always fascinated me, even as a little kid. I remember reading some books when I was young by Tom Brown. He has a series of books on survival and tracking. I think he also has a tracking/survival field course.

GM4X

Reaction score

Dave in LB

Reaction score
Two books that are in my library are Mountaineering 6th edition and the Wilderness Medical book. The later is a small blue covered book that is part of my medical bag when ever I go Hunting or backpacking.

BDB

Reaction score
A book that I have that I really like is called "The SAS Survivial Handbook" by Jon Wiseman. He was a member of the Special Air Service for 26 years and the book covers survival in many situations in a varierty of terrain. You should be able to find it on Amazon.

almtnman

Reaction score
The "U.S. Army Survival Manual" is about one of the best books around if you want to know survival.

Shane

Reaction score
I've got a set of plastic survival cards a military buddy gave me that I keep in my essentials pack. They are about 3"x5", printed on both sides, 5 cards, riveted together. Packed with need-to-know info, from food and shelter to traps and first aid. Cost runs about $5.00

Find them here:

Survival Cards™ By Lee Nading

Survival Cards

Survival Cards

~ Best

Top Bottom