Will It Work

Rooter

Reaction score
I wondered.  I hear how the MS-20 and even RS-PIR have a sensing range beyond the max 32 feet of the OWL PF which seems to be the camera of choice due to the flash power.  If a relay is a switch could I wire a small but powerful xenon bulb flashlight to the switch to supplement the flash and light up even farther?  I know there must be a reason this wont work.  Does someone know why?

wfontjr

Reaction score
the relay is closing the contacts on the camera, the only voltage on this circuit is from the camera batteries, so the bulb would require a separate relay and power source, do a search on a slave flash, there has been some discussion prior on this, although i doubt if a pict a night past 35 feet will reveal much, also the when the relay is tripped there is usually a small delay before the camera takes a pict. so the bulb would come on first 3 or 4 secs before the pict was taken, good chance of spooking the deer before pict taken

markr

Reaction score
I think any flash stronger than the one on the owl would surely spook a lot of animals for a lengthy time.

Top Bottom