Winchester 94

satchmo

Reaction score
Speckmisser, to be perfectly honest we have been throwing that around??!
TTFN, Cathy

theboman

Reaction score
Originally posted by Speckmisser@Mar 30 2005, 09:14 AM
Hey Satch,

You and your sisters (and hubbies) ought to bring your lever actions out to CA in June, and join us for the 2nd Annual JHO Ham Slam at the Tejon ranch. We can share many beverages, shoot a hog or two, and you'll get to meet a bunch of the JHOers in the process.

No knives and no dogs, but the lever guns ought to work just fine there.
They have anything like this in KY, OH, WV, VA, TN?? Seems like it would be a blast!

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Boman,

I don't know of too many places back east that offer a property as big as Tejon that could support 50 hunters on a weekend.... at least not without everyone tripping over each other. You've got some great hog hunting back there in the southeast, though. SC, GA, and FL are loaded... and I don't think I even need to mention TX.

The JHO Ham Slam is open to all JHOers, though. Out of state tags will run you roughly $125 (I don't have the exact cost offhand), and there are some pretty decent airline fares going on right now. We have room for you! Check out the Ham Slam thread in the events forum for info on how to sign up, and come on down!

theboman

Reaction score
I'd love to... My 5 month pregnant girlfriend would shoot me like a hog if I went. Heck, I ain't even told her about the Super Blackhawk 44 mag I got last week (her dad will love it!).

I didn't realize it was hunting trip..that's so cool. Ain't nothing like puttin' a pig on the cooker over night.... yummy stuff.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
My 5 month pregnant girlfriend would shoot me like a hog if I went.[/b]
Hmmm... five months. (counting on fingers.. April, May, June...)

Yeah, you might wanna take a pass on this one.

But come on out another time if you can. It's a blast!

If you wanna have an event in your area, you ought to post it up too. There are a handful of JHOers in a relatively close proximity to you out there. Time for an East Coast JHO gathering!

theboman

Reaction score
It has been a while. My 5 month pregnant girlfriend is my wonderful wife and she's no longer pregnant, we got a beautiful healthly 4 year old princess!

I still have the 30-30 and did a bit of thinking and shooting and by golly at 35 yards I can shoot a nice tight group about 3 inches low and 5" left. I pushed the site a bit higher and got a nice tight group about 1.5" higher than my "bullseye" and 5" to the left. Then I got me a 1/4" dowell and marked the where the sites with a pencil and tapped it across the mark and fired off a couple shots and they moved about 1". I tapped it a bit harder and the site moved a good bit over the line and by golly I shot 3 times and it would have hit a quarter...maybe 50 cent peice! Now I got me a all purpose 30-30 to lug around and have great confidence in shooting and a wife who may join in the fun of deer hunting!

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I was worried that you were drinking the Marlin look-aid. Ain't nuttin wrong with a Win-94. Congratulations on the wife, daughter and the nice tight groups. All :thumbs up:

larrysogla

Reaction score
Boman,
Congratulations on your family. Really......time flies.........it seemed only like yesterday when Satchmo, Rancho Loco were regulars here at JHO. I looked at the date and it was 2005. Man..........what changes. But we are glad to have you back, Boman.
'Nuff said
larrysogla

theboman

Reaction score
I was little while ago when I posted that... I had browsed thru the forums a few times thru the years. Growing up late and all took it's toll on my hunting time, and expenses! From being a 40 something single, living with my mom to being a daddy, married and getting a first home and then upgraded to bigger with a little piece of land... Time does make ya go broke! Missed ya'll.

theboman

Reaction score
Me again..

Well the 30-30 is still shooting well, and I may use it instead of the Model 70 30-06 this year, especially since I'm not comfortable with that scope these days....

The little girl is now 7 and loves it when BO-DADDY cooks her deer meat! BTW, some is ready for the crock pot in the morning!

I still sell real estate, it's been a tough few years but still hanging on to that line of work, and I'm not sure if I'd ever mentioned but 2 years ago I started working a dream job at a GUN STORE!! Not a pawn shop or box store but a bonafide GUN STORE!! 1st year I worked full time and then as I was starting my 2nd year I took a construction job with good pay and benefits, so I'm only working at AA Firearms Unlimited, Grayson, KY on Saturdays, yeah I still do radio too... How many jobs? I still got bills from that being a realtor!! So, I'm always working....

Top Bottom