Winchester Features XP3 Technology In New .325 WSM Load

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Winchester Features XP3 Technology In New .325 WSM Load

6/19/08

For 2008, Winchester® has turned up the performance even further on its highly popular, field-proven .325 WSM cartridge with the addition of XP3™ bullet technology. Ideal for everything from big mule deer and whitetail to moose and brown bear, the .325 WSM Supreme® Elite™ cartridge features a new 200-grain XP3, Winchester's flagship hunting bullet design.

The new .325 caliber, 200-grain XP3 bullet utilizes Winchester's advanced 2-Stage Expansion™ technology, which combines a solid copper alloy jacket with deep expansion chamber at the front of the bullet and bonded lead core at the rear. Upon impact, the jacket curls back in four uniform petals for a large frontal area - delivering massive shock and tissue damage - while the rear body of the bullet expands to support the front mushroom for deep penetration and high weight retention.

According to Glen Weeks, Winchester Centerfire Product Manager, "The real beauty of the XP3 is that along with extreme effectiveness on animals, it is one of the most accurate big game bullets in the world. The boattail design and polycarbonate tip provide precision accuracy and long range ballistic performance, while the Lubalox® black oxide coating reduces barrel fouling." The XP3 design combines all the best-known technology features into one bullet to deliver precision accuracy, awesome knock-down power and deep penetration.

The XP3 .325 WSM (SXP325S) features:
- 2-Stage expansion
- Less perceived recoil than .338 Win. Mag.
- High weight retention
- Precision accuracy
- Deep penetration
- Massive knock-down power
- Lubalox coating for reduced barrel fouling
- 20-round box or 200-round case
- Heavy 200-grain XP3 bullet

For more information about Winchester Ammunition and its complete line of products visit www.winchester.com.

Winchester Ammunition is proud to be a leader in conservation

Winchester is involved with numerous partnerships at local, state and national levels. For more than 20 years, Winchester has been a proud sponsor of Ducks Unlimited. During this partnership, Winchester has generated substantial funding to support Ducks Unlimited wetlands and waterfowl conservation projects. In addition, Winchester is the exclusive sponsor of the Ducks Unlimited shooting program, supporting many local and state chapters. For more information about Ducks Unlimited visit http://www.ducks.org.

Media Contact:
Jonathan Harling jonathan@chevalier-adv.com

Speckmisser

Reaction score
You can still use them in a big part of the state, 410. But yeah, I know what you mean. It sure would've been nice if they'd turned out some of those eTips in .325wsm instead of the XP3s... now that's something I could put to use (although my handloaded TSX are fine too).

myfriendis410

Reaction score
I hear people complain about using the TSX's but they work just fine for me; accurate and hard hitting. Killed everything I've poked with them.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I'm with you.. I've heard the complaints but don't have any myself, and haven't personally seen anyone have trouble killing cleanly with them. As far as terminal performance on game in a lead-free bullet, they're about the same as the Winchester eTips.

Top Bottom