winchester gun club

GSP

Reaction score
Anyone on this forum ever shoot at the winchester trap range ,Off 79 by french valley airport?
  Rick

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
I've never shot it, but I have stopped by and talked to the rangemaster, and a couple members. They all seem real nice, and appear to welcome new blood. They are open Thursday night and Sunday morning.

GSP

Reaction score
 Ive shoot there many times a couple years ago . There were nice people there . Then I went there last year and there is a bunch of new shooters and some new dude from Chicago that was a a**hole trying to charge me a gate fee . the pr*ck was probable pocketing money. Hope he is gone now.

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
The couple times I've stopped out there, it seems to be mostly older gentlemen (older than me). I have been trying to find the time and $$$ to start shooting out there. We should pick a day and meet out there before dove opening and hone our skills.

The other option would be to buy a couple boxes of skeet and go up in the hills. I've got a couple throwers.

GSP

Reaction score
JDC---

Im up for that . Im always lookin for a bird hunting buddy. Ive hunted those hills above Green Acres and used to hunt "under water" where the new Domingani Res is now.
   There were some good old boys at that winchester club .
   I have a place where I chase quail and dove every evening with my new gsp's
   You can get some free shootin in at that gun club during their pot shoots.
   E- mail me at : lazy4branchid@aol.net  . Ill give you my phone number
   I could use a little honeing.   

Rick

(Edited by GSP at 3:14 pm on July 15, 2002)

tinner

Reaction score
gsp and jdc, you guys are welcome to join us at the trap shoot:shootin: in whittier if you are up for the drive. check the JHP events forum.

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for the offer Tinner.

I am trying to schedule that event with my wife. I would like her to come shoot. She loves to shoot, and I think it will be a blast. I won't know until it gets a little closer though.

(Edited by JDC at 6:38 am on July 17, 2002)

tinner

Reaction score
gsp, the field is off the 60 fwy a few miles west of the 605 fwy.

GSP

Reaction score
Yikes!! ... Thats Los Angeles!!  Ill pass...

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>Quote: from GSP on 8:36 am on July 18, 2002
Yikes!! ... Thats Los Angeles!!  Ill pass...<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

No worries mate.. You'll have a gun with you! :bandit:

JDC

Banned
Reaction score
Full Sack:

Wow! Yes that's the one. They don't have a sign out front or anything, I drove past it for close to a year before I figured out what it was. I didn't percieve them being that organized.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
It's darn near amazing how organized a bunch of renecks can be!!!  They (we) even know how to run dem crazy 'puters!

tinner

Reaction score
GSP whittier narrows is still a good 15 miles east of los angeles. this area is a whole recreation area. there is a lake across the street, across the fwy they fly model airplanes, i always hope that one will stray out of controll over the field. next to the airplanes is a huge park.

Whoadog

Reaction score
 Tinner that is nothing, the range up here where we shoot the skydivers are dropping in all around us.  I am always afraid one of the older guys are going to have a flashback from one of the wars and start smokin' em.

Brian

Whoadog

Reaction score
 Yolo Sportsmans Club in Northern CA between Woodland and Davis.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom