Winchester model 94 30-30 1972 edition

Flatbroke

Reaction score
My son is a die hard pig hunter and has been for years. He has so many knives for when we go with dogs. some he likes and some he does not. any way he wants a rifle in the worst way and wants a lever action. I picked up a cherry 30-30 from a co-worker that belonged to his grandfather they bought 2 of them in 1972. the rifle only has 10 rounds fired in it, and is in very good conditon. I am going to give it to im on his 13th b-day next month.

I think I am more stoked than he will be. He has been carrying my lever action 44 on the qaud when we hunt, which is usually about 2 a week. he legged his first hog 2 weeks ago.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
That's very cool, Flatbroke! Is that the short-barrel Trapper model, or the standard long-barrel?

Either way, should be perfect for using in close with the dogs and such. He'll be a happy birthday boy!

EvBouret

Reaction score
Same gun I use with the dogs and without them too. I would get him a trapper or a ranger if you could. He looks like a little guy judging from his pics. And if he's just blocking trail and trying to get the sneakaways with the dogs, shots should be pretty close up. I wouldn't buy any other gun for hogs from point blank to 100yards.

Flatbroke

Reaction score
I think its the longer one. Its longer than my win lever action 44. I have it in bigworms safe while I wait until his B day next week. He is gonna be stoked.

DanD

Reaction score
That is very cool! That was my first rifle also, I got it for my 12th birthday. A perfect first rifle for a kid and a great gun for him to hand down one day to his son.

Advertisement

Top Bottom