Winchester Xpert Steel, New For Targets Or Upland Game In 2008

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Winchester Xpert Steel, New For Targets Or Upland Game In 2008

6/17/08

Whether you are busting clay targets or hunting dove, Winchester® Ammunition recognizes the need for an affordable, non-toxic alternative to lead. In 2008, four new loads are being added to the Xpert® Game and Target Steel Shot line.

The new Winchester Xpert loads include a one ounce 12-gauge load and a one ounce 20-gauge load. Both are 2-3/4 inches and achieve a muzzle velocity of 1,325 feet per second (fps).

Xpert Steel Shot loads are ideal for use in states with non-toxic shot upland game regulations and are a great alternative to lead throughout the country at an excellent value. Xpert Steel Shot loads have a higher velocity and more pellets per ounce than equivalent weight lead loads.

This economically priced steel load is a high quality product that provides excellent patterning for upland game and clay targets. It is available in 25-round cartons with eye-catching graphics.

The new 12-gauge Xpert Steel Shot features:
- Muzzle velocity of 1,325 fps
- One ounce load in both #6 and #7 steel shot
- 2 3/4 inches
- Symbol: WE12GT

The new 20-gauge Xpert Steel Shot features:
- Muzzle velocity of 1,325 fps
- 3/4 ounce load in both #6 and #7 steel shot
- 2 3/4 inches
- Symbol: WE20GT

For more information about Winchester Ammunition and its complete line of products visit http://www.winchester.com.

Winchester Ammunition is proud to be a leader in conservation
Winchester is involved with numerous partnerships at local, state and national levels. For example, Winchester has been a proud supporter of Quail Unlimited for more than 25 years. Winchester is Quail Unlimited s exclusive ammunition sponsor and sole ammunition exhibitor and supporter of its national convention. In addition, Winchester sponsors the annual Quail Unlimited Celebrity Hunt & President s dinner and supports many local and state chapters. For more information about Quail Unlimited visit http://www.qu.org.

Media Contact:
Jonathan Harling jonathan@chevalier-adv.com

myfriendis410

Reaction score
I talked to some of the Sporting Clays guys and they absolutely HATE steel loads. I have to tell you that they would be my LAST choice for skeet or trap; in skeet's case too tight a pattern and in trap's case too little energy to shoot handicap yardages.

And what about those people who want to shoot the best upland bird gauge of all, the 28 gauge? Might as well hang it on the wall. And forget about the .410!

Of course, the other alternative is Hevi-shot at $2.50 per shot. Yeah, I can see myself doing that on doves.

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
Packaging Options
Rounds Per Box: 25
Box U.S. MSRP: $11.47
Rounds Per Case: 250
Case U.S. MSRP: $114.70

Ouch!!!

Top Bottom