Wire?

Rossco

Reaction score
I was wondering if i could use telephone wire to wire up the camera?  I thought i saw it used in one of the pictures but i wasn't sure? Thanks for all the help.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Rossco-   I used telephone wire for my cam, but it is a pain to solder. I am going to try 26ga wire on my next cam. Most of the guys on this site say it is easier to work with.      Scott

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi Rossco - I have 3 Owl PFs that I wired with telephone wire, and for me it was a lot easier than using stranded wire. The stranded stuff coils as it comes off the roll, and flops all over the place as you try to solder it. (Some guys even glue it first)

The trick to using telephone wire is to pre-bend it exactly into shape, and feed it out the camera case before you solder it. If you don't, it will tear loose from the trace when you try to bend it. And of course, if you flex solid wire too many times it will break. Somewhere in my WebSite I describe my process.

mike

Reaction score
I agree with Richard, I myself wired a Owl PF and used telephone wire. With smaller soldering points the smaller wire makes it easier. Try using magnifying glass to help.But 26ga. is fine to.
What ever your comfortable with, after you use it once. you'll know if you want to mess with it again.

Rossco

Reaction score
thank all of you for all your input.  I am in the process of making my first cam with the owl pf and didn't know what worked best for everyone.  Thanks again for all input

Latest Posts

Top Bottom