Wireless PIR Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Reaction score
Brian - very nice! I'm a bit ignorant about the circuit design lingo, but I'm digging the low draw stuff.
I think we're on the same page. I would like to find a low cost, almost plug-and-play (solder and play)solution.

I'm actually amazed at how much possibility and functionality there is in those little Radio Shack PIRs. You can use them in so many different ways. I was even thinking of just rigging the speaker wires to a bright, light or camera flash - via the phone cord plug idea. So that I could point it away from the yard and towards the house - but yet the PIR sensor would still point in the necessary direction. Any ideas on bright, low-voltage (9V) lights?

Not to skip around. Just brainstorming out loud.

Thanks

(Edited by Shane at 8:10 pm on Feb. 27, 2002)

Munce27520

Reaction score
Yes Shane, that would work. I really like the battery operated transmitter and receiver idea that Gizz gave with the Dimango Wireless doorbell. It has a range of 100 yds. You would only need one receiver and then extra transmitters for however many PIR's you are using.

My mind is a workin now.

Shane

Reaction score
I agree - I'm still not clear on which wireless receiver is also battery powered (portable) - primarily for convenience.

A quick product brainstorm:

So, if you could find a wireless, battery powered, pocket-sized receiver (with ear bud jack) with good range. Rig up several (4-6 let's say) PIR/transmitters.....We've got a portable surveillance perimeter that we can set around any feed station, tree stand, back yard, etc. Hmmm?

Shane

Reaction score
Thanks Bald Eagle, I think we've got this one up the tree. Now it's just a matter of building it to individual taste.

I would only ask one more questing regarding the flash or light source. Until I get the wireless unit built I would like to use a modified light source - as I mentioned in an earlier post.

What is one of the brightest lights I can run off of the 9V radio Shack PIR setup? A camera flash is fine, but can it run (last without burning out) for the full 2 or three second pulse duration that the PIR will send? This setup would be really straight forward.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom