Wiring Help

Rob

Reaction score
Got everything done but wiring the camera, then ran into a problem.  My camera is not like the diagram.
Please Help.  It is a Canon Shure Shot Owl PF Date Kit #c13-3902-kt1.

The area where you jumper the shutter contacts doesnot have 4 metal jumpers connecting the boards.  It has 4 contacts The first one on the left
is just a gold dot and the other 3 have red wires sticking out of them.  

On top Ill give you a picture:

o  +

+

+    o    +
                 o   +      o
                    + +
                                   +

The top left is Film rewind
The right is the flash
the 4 in center are shutter release
the one low right is timer

Am I screwed, do I have wrong camera?

Rob

Reaction score
The gold Dots on the top of the camera are as follows:
From left to right.
Top Left connects to film rewind.
2nd on  in the middle connects to center shutter contact.
upper of the two on the right connects to top + above main shutter contact.
Last on on the right goes to the 2 flash contacts on the right.

Rob

Reaction score
I'm guessing that I should attach the two wires to the Dot connected to the center shutter group and the other to the dot that goes to the two flash mode contacts?
And then jumper the gold dot to the second dot that has a red wire?
PLEASE CONFIRM

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Rob,

Here is the wiring for the OWl PF, it looks like the same as you describe. http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/canon-owl-pf.html

If not, the big gold cross is the shutter contact. The 3 little gold crosses that are around the bigger shutter gold cross are the autofocus/flash contacts. You need to short these 2 contacts together anywhere on the circuit board and hook 1 wire to this part. Now you need to find the common circuit which is the gold trace that surrounds all the gold crosses. hook 1 wire to this trace.

If you wan to use the camera independently of your game camera you don't short the shutter and flash together, instead you run a wire to each contact for a total of 3 wires coming out of the camera.

sherman

Reaction score
My new Sure Shot Owl PF looks just like the picture shown. I tried wiring up like Archilochus's diagram so could have full use of the camera.  First time I put it together  camera fired one time then shut down.  Resoldered connections too many times I guess cause the wires pulled off the gold circuit on the board.  Tried to repair but far beyond my skill. Camera is headed for the trash.

Rob

Reaction score
Spectr17 YOU THE MAN!  How could I have missed that page.  I've been going to that site since I started my camera project about a month ago.
(was waiting for enclosure) I though I printed everything on jesses site including his tax return with all the paper I had printed.  That is the board. I should have the camera up working in the morning.
I'll post results and pics when I get them.  Thank you again.   Rob

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
SHerman,

I'll attempt to repair your camera for a small fee if you want as long as it isn't smoked real bad. If you just burnt the trace or pulled it up it can be fixed. There is a thread here that explains how if you look back a month or two. Email me at spectr17@yahoo.com for my address to send the camera if your don't want to attempt a repair.

Rob, hope to see some pics from you real soon then.

Rob

Reaction score
Just wired up the camera and am waiting for rtv to dry.  Slowly but shurly.  Boy those connections are small, I wish they were all the round dots. I plugged the iron into a dimmer to set the temp, so it was not to hot.

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Sherman, let Jesse repair your camera for you.  It is a lot cheaper than buying another one or trying to find another one.  I did the same thing as you on my second camera, but was able to repair it the next day in less than a minute.  I just had to take a break from it and start fresh the next day.  Don't give up on it.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom