Wiring question

Old Scout

Reaction score
<font face="Times New Roman">Text</font>
I'm wiring up my first camera, following Jesse's instructions....On "How to Hack the sensor"...it shows a yellow and green wire...one going to a switch and one going to the relay....but in  "Modifying theCamera" it show two gay wires, one going to the #4 pin and one going to the shutter contact...does it matter which wire goes where....I don't want to wire it up wrong an fry the board....any help would be appreciated.

bat

Reaction score
Hey Old Scout, I don't think it would matter because all you are doing is allowing the relay to connect the loop to fire the camera when the relay closes.  The relay acts as a switch to connect the two wires when the relay receives the signal from the pir by closing (hope I'm explaining that right).  I wire mine this way:  I use the green wire from the single wire of the relay to go to the #4 pin of the camera, I use the yellow wire from the center wire on top of the relay to go to the DPDT switch and from the DPDT switch to the camera use any color but green for simplicity of wiring.  I like to alway use green as the ground wire so I can troubleshoot if there is a problem.  Hope this helps, bat

Latest Posts

Top Bottom