Wiring the cam for indepependent use

Tominator

Reaction score
The tip in the tutorial says to run 3 wires from the the main front contacts #2, #3 and #4 out to a plug and jumper the wires fron #2 and #3 at the sensor relay if I want to use the camera independent of the unit. To wire the camera for use with the unit only, I jumper #2 and #3. My question is, why can't I just attach wires to #2 and #3 and run them to a plug on the camera body and run a short wire at the plug to use it as a jumper? All I would have to do to use the camera in the unit is insert the plug and to use it independently I would simply remove the plug which would break the short. Am I off base with this theory? (remember, I'm only 2 days into cam building)
Tominator

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
That will work, or you can just leave out the extra plug (if I understood correctly) and connect them inside the plug to the Relay or at the relay itself if you can't get inside your plug(pre assembled to wire)

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
Tominator,i use the 2 wire set up on my cams and use them independant with no problems,all you have to do is keep the wires out from under the button on your cam when you solder them on,bridging the wires for the 2 wire instructions i cant remember what it does away with (Auto focus?) but i cannot see the difference at all.

Archilochus

Reaction score
The only funtion you'll lose with the 2-wire setup is the 'focus lock' - read the cams instruction manual for a description of that function.

Archilochus

Top Bottom