Wiring up the Owl PF

Buckoholic

Reaction score
I have been hard at work preparing my first gamecam. I have a few question for those that have successfully completed this task.
Currently I have cut the wires on the Radio Shack motion detector, installed a DPDT switch that allows me to switch from a camera position to an LED position. My question is, do I need to install the 5vdc reed relay before the DPDT switch or on the output (camera) side of the switch? This reed relay has puzzeled me over it's purpose. I have tested the switch and the LED and all works well. When I switch to the camera side of the switch I see the voltage respond to the motion detector with a voltmeter. Connecting the camera has become very confusing to me. Help!

jayber

Reaction score
Buckoholic, I was in your shoes about a month ago....hang in there, you'll get it!  This is how I had mine wired to work:
From Blk spkr wire to one side of relay coil & from spkr wire to Blk on LED,
From Red spkr wire to Pole #2 on one side of the switch & from Red spkr wire to Pole #3 on opposite side of switch,
From Pole #1 of switch (same side as #2) to other side of relay coil,
From Pole #2 (same side as #3) to LED Red,
Camera wires to the remaining two contacts of the relay, shutter & auto focus on one and common on other.

The trick for me was getting the switch wired properly.  Not sure if you're using a Radio Shack switch, but if you are I connected to Poles #1 & 2 on the side that have the numbers and Poles #2 & 3 on the side that says ON ON.  Good luck and I hope this helps!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom