Wishon Reservoir

Valley Hunter

Reaction score
Heading up tomorrow and staying at the Wishon Village for a 5 day family fishing trip.... Has anyone been up there lately??? Wondering what the bite has been like, I seen in the Visalia Times Delta that Wishon is still on the schedule for fish plants and one happened last weekend....

Valley Hunter

Reaction score
Back from Wishon Reservoir

Absolutely gorgeous country up there, we arrived Thursday afternoon set up camp and the next morning got up early and went fishing, still fished off the boat all day with out a bite, went back out Saturday morning trolling and my wife hooked one, came in for lunch and back out at 1:00pm and trolled by the dam and caught 11 within a couple hours. Wife caught the most then my oldest then the youngest. I never landed a fish in the boat, lost 2....

Attachments

don766

Reaction score
Nice fish, have you ever tried Black Rock just below it. I have heard the fishing is good there but have not had a chance to try it.

Valley Hunter

Reaction score
I have fished Black Rock and never have done that well, I have been there probably a half dozen times and when we fish there is when we are camping at Saw Mill Flats. Great area, we will come up through the back side of Pine Flats..................

don766

Reaction score
I have driven up from the bottom several times, usually during deer season but never took the time to stop and fish it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom