Wister 1st,2nd,3rd

EVAN III

Reaction score
       Just wondered who is still going? Myself and Bishop should be up there Fri thru Sun.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
I'll be down early Fri afternoon. Don't know yet if I gotta head out Sat or Sun. See ya there.       Scott

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
I’m hoping to make it out Friday afternoon but may stop and do some stands on the way up the Valley and will stay till Sunday afternoon. I take it the Wister campsite is the meeting place.

MarinePMI

Reaction score
I'll be out there Friday night.  
  WBH,
Want to team up the on stands on the way out? Want me to bring an extra peashooter (.243)?

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
I'll be there Friday night, leaving Saturday or Sunday, I need to work on getting my permission slip extended.

songdog

Reaction score
I'll roll in Friday afternoon and out Saturday evening...

Hook

Reaction score
Myself and Brian S will pull in Friday night and roll out Sunday afternoon. I am aready excited about it.

MarinePMI

Reaction score
So exactly how are we gonna know each other?  The only person I know on this board is Wildbirdhunter.  What, is there a secret handshake or squirrel club thing?  LOL!  Just curious...

Brian S

Reaction score
MarinePMI
  You need to get your green sticker from Thonzberry. I'm sure you'll be able to pick out the camo wearin, rifle tote'n, dog slaying,beer drinking(not while rifle totin), campfire yarn spinning  JHP crowd with out to much trouble. See you there.
Brian

songdog

Reaction score
We'll be the only ones crazy enough to be out at Wister when it's not duck season.  There most likely won't be anyone else there at all.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Following Fullsack's lead for the 23/24, here's the rollcall for 1/3

Evan III
Bishop
Grtwythunter
Karstic
Wildbirdhunter
MarinePMI
Fullsack
Songdog
Hook
Brian S
Yotegetter
Mntngoat

(Edited by karstic at 11:35 am on Feb. 21, 2002)

(Edited by karstic at 10:19 pm on Feb. 21, 2002)

yotegetter

Reaction score
I'm in as well. Should be pretty fun! Blastin' yotes with my new .243

Hey we're missing Thonzberry. Ya going?

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
It looks like about 11 or so at this point. I was going to send off for the sticker but with the mail running slow I don’t think I’ll have it in time. I know UPS overnight it will that work ???? I do know what fullsack look like I hope. I will have my Motorola FRS radios with me if any one has a set just let me know what channel you will be on.  Does any one have a real BBQ I just have one of the small tabletop things?
MPMI that’s cool on the 243 as for stands that’s cool.

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Where are we actually going to set up camp, and what kind of facilities are there?

Wildbirdhunter, just look for the trucks with the green JHP stickers.  

Hook

Reaction score
We will be setting up camp in the Wister Wildlife Area parking lot. There are signs you can miss it.

Here is a map of Wister It is in imperial county near Niland.

(Edited by Hook at 11:45 am on Feb. 21, 2002)

wildbirdhunter

Reaction score
Bishop if I remember the facilities are an outhouse and that’s about it. I have not been to Wister in about three years Songdog or fullsack will know better then I.  I scanned a map of the area if any one wants a copy just e-mail or messenger me with your email address and I will send it to you. I’m still working on the posting a pick on the page thing sorry.
Wildbirdhunter@yahoo

songdog

Reaction score
"Facilities"?  Well, they removed all the salt cedar from this one section so there's a big dirt lot.  That's about it... Actually, I think that there are some old concrete fire rings too.

If you need it... bring it with you.  There's nothing there and the nearest town of Niland has a grocery store and a gas station but that's about it.  For ammo or something you'd have to go to Brawley (40 miles) or back to Indio/Palm Springs (70 miles).

Mntngoat

Reaction score
Please put me on the Rollcall I am planning on being there as well.

Michael

(Edited by Mntngoat at 7:22 pm on Feb. 21, 2002)

foulshot

Reaction score
Well due to a infected paw, the dogs not mine, I was unable to make it for 23/24 weekend.  The good news is now I'm on for 2/3 weekend.  Looks like I'll head down Friday night, stay till Sat night.
Wildbirdhunter, email me with your plans for when you are leaving friday night.  Are you talking about going to Project2000?
Look forward to seeing everybody out there, barring any more infections.

Top Bottom