Wister Clean Up day

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Wister Unit Cleanup: There will be a cleanup day Saturday at the Wister Unit at the Imperial Wildlife Area, north of Niland.

Call (760) 359-0577 for details.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
I just called the number . . .

The clean-up is sponsored by the DFG, it starts at 8am.  Some of the work that needs to be done is as follows:

Build dove nests
Remove old and install new blind signs
General overall cleanup

What to bring:
water
gloves
(they didn't mention any tools, but you may want to bring some)

There is going to be a BBQ @ noon (after the clean-up), it's suggested that each person bring a dish or something to BBQ.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Fullsack how 'bout taking some pictures and post a report.

What is it there are 10 options to chose from on the weekends. I went to the volunteer day last fall. Unfortunately I got a flat on the refuge and in the process of changing the tire sheared of two lug bolts so I had to limp my truck back up to Indio to get the repairs done so I missed out on the BBQ. THis weekend I'll be doing a habitat project with QU.

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
Nice windy weather. I got to pick up trash in the W11 area with my daughter Katie. Kinda low turn out. But we didn't get there till 9:00am. We had to put our trailer in storage at the RV park in Niland. It was a terrific Bar b que put on by the DFG staff as usual. Got to shoot the bull with a few regulars and the general consensus was last season stunk. But everyone said the season before was one of the best. For me it was the other way around. But these guys hunt every shoot day. We rapped about everything from the h2o season to Long Range and bay bass fishing. Looks like it all boils down to everyones similiar interests are pretty much aligned. Was a fun way to spend an morning and look at some sites I haven't hunted even though I've been hunting there for the last 27 years. The drive back to orange county was a doozy with the high winds and near blinding dust.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom