Wister JHP Roll Call Jan 5th, and 6th

WingSetter

Reaction score
Will be hunting there on Wednesday Jan 3, and the weekend of the 5th and 6th with KID CREOLE.  Will be camping out (5th, and 6th) in the other parking lot past the check station. Any one going from Jesse's come by and say HI.  Will be in  Big RED Ford F-350 4x4 crewcab, with cart on back. Hope to  See you there.

d trees

Reaction score
Wing setter Impretty sure I will see you boys down there,Derek

D

D_Sea

We'll be there for the 5th.  Still haven't pulled a resi yet this year so I'll assume my usual spot in the sweatline.  If we get there early enough, we'll stop by.

huntducks

Reaction score
Most likely done with Wister for the year, unless your shooting white birds not worth the trip to shoot a few wedge heads & teal.( spring season right around the corner)

Heading up north to where there are some man size birds, LDC on the 5th, GL on the 6th Kern on the 9th.

Maybe i'll see a few of you NoCal refuge rats, even you dove hunters with waders say Hi.(hehehe)

Black Toyota Tacoma W/white shell

(Edited by huntducks at 2:41 pm on Dec. 31, 2001)

(Edited by huntducks at 2:49 pm on Dec. 31, 2001)

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Wingsetter, KC jr. and myself are going on a 5 day road trip, we're starting out at Wister on weds Jan 2, then going on a dove/quail/duck safari to Arizona for two days and then back to Wister for sat and sun Jan 5&6.  

So we need to meet sat night for a big BBQ, what do you guys think?

huntducks

Reaction score
Hell I might be shooting wedge heads with the rest of you, I just heard LDC is closed this Wed. do to flooding.

Bentonite

Reaction score
Good luck to you guys going out to Wister.  I just got back from the worst trip I have ever had in many years out there over the weekend (Dec 28 -30).  Two birds total for 5 hunters!  Good luck, dont fall asleep!

(Edited by Bentonite at 9:13 am on Jan. 1, 2002)

Fubar

Reaction score
Bentonite Welcome to Jesses Forum. Sorry to hear about your Wister adventure. Where did you hunt (I dont want to go there). Did you see anybody get any geese?                 Thanx      Fubar

Bentonite

Reaction score
We hunted along the perimeter of the reserve, off the point of Noffsinger and Davis.  I only saw 10 geese fly over, and from the looks of some of the fields that were being hunted nothing was coming in.  Pretty disapointing out there.  Good luck!

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
I got ressie #98, Wister Jan 6th HEE HAAAAW!!!
I will see ya'all there. What the heck. I love to hunt! Even if it's a bust it beats the crap out of staying home w/ my future ex-wife!!!  

Put an extra shrimp on the barbie, Kid Creole, and I'll bring the JD.
sp

COWBOYUP

Reaction score
Honestly, I am new to this site and can not believe I finally found a website that is so infomative as this one. I love hunting Wister and the local mountains, and would not miss the next two weekends for anything. My wife thinks that I am crazy for driving out to Wister and hunting by myself, but I tell her that I am not alone thanks to all the guys and gals out there. What a beautiful place to take a nap when the hunting is slow!
Anyways, it has not such a bad season for the early action on ducks for my buddies and I. We have had some good fast-paced action at Y16 area. After 7:30 or so though it slowed down considerably. I usually get 5 to 8 resis a year and try to capitilize when I can. I already checked for the rest of the season and I am not going to get anymore though, so I am just gong to wait for the "slim-pickens". Hope to share other infromation and stories with yall in the future.

Keep bustin' em!

Fubar

Reaction score
COWBOYUP  Welcome to Jesses Forum. Glad to hear you had a good season.               Fubar

hntndux

Reaction score
I'll be in the delta tomorrow since my buddy's #2 rezy at Sutter is no good and hunting the septic tank Joice Island on Sunday.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom