Wister Pheasants (need help)

lostagain

Reaction score
I got a high draw for Wister on Monday (11/12) but I'm not sure about how or where to hunt it? Do they assign fields (like San Jacinto) or is it strickly free roam? Is Monday a good day or will the birds be all shot up from the week end? I just got the post card today after work so I'll try calling Wister tommorow. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fubar

Reaction score
Lostagain  Pheasant hunting there can be good. You can hunt anywhere. Hunt the fields and brush areas. Make sure to bring the skeeter repellant. It helps a lot to have a dog but it is not a must. It is free roam and the pheasants are not bothered by the weekend duck hunting. There is no pheasant hunting over the weekend on Wister.              Fubar

rmorales

Reaction score
Hey, Fubar..do you know if Wister will allow stand by hunters for pheasant? Or is the only way in is to have a registration draw card...?

lostagain

Reaction score
It sound like (after calling them) they will. it does not sound like they fill up. Give em a call to verify. Thanks Fubar for the info

Fubar

Reaction score
Wister does allow standby for Pheasants, or at least they used to. I dont think it has changed , but you may want to call them for info. The advantage to having a card is you get through the check station earlier and you can go to the spot you want to hunt before it gets too crowded.                  Fubar

Top Bottom