Wister Ressi #14

bloodsports

Reaction score
Will I be able to get a good or decent goose area with ressi #14?  Also what areas are good areas for the geese?  This will be my first trip down there any info will help.   Thanks  

d trees

Reaction score
not to bum you out but I just got off thee phone with a gal who works at wister and here is the wenseday score 97 hunters took 66 ducks and three geese that is a whoping .71 birds per hunter, 14 is a great # generaly 1/2 of the guys in front of you will show get there early so you dont miss your # being called and if you look at the check station they keep track of what blinds have killed how many and which kind of birds.d

songdog

Reaction score
Put it this way... I just got #1 for Wister next Wednesday and I don't even know if I'm going.  The hunting has been really bad down there so far this year.  Even with the pick of the litter for spots I don't know if it will make any difference.

bloodsports

Reaction score
I also have ressi #1 for San Jacinto on Wed 11/21, but I know what blind to choose their.  Sounds like Wister is a waste of time.  Thanks

WingSetter

Reaction score
I had a number 5 card for this past Wednesday and the # 1, and #4 was a no show #2, and 3 picked and I picked next.  Choose one of the better producing ponds the past couple weeks.  I guess I could break it down for you like this.  Shooting time was at 5:38, did not fire a shot until 8:00.  One shot one Goose.  Went in with 25 shells came out with 24.  Nothing flying, nothing anywhere in the sky. From 8:00 to 10:30 no more shots fired.  Counted a grand total of 9 shots fired on Refuge (from what I heard around the 115's and beyond) from 5:38 until 10:30.  Too hot, no wind = birds sitting on the Sea all day.

VA Native

Reaction score
I hunted wister last Wednesday, it is about as slow as I have seen it.  I had one shot (missed) and that was it.  Packed up and left by 9:30 a.m.  I have a reservation for this Wednesday 11/21 but not sure if I will go.  

Top Bottom