Wister warmup

grtwythunter

Reaction score
  I figured I should get out and get some practice before Wister. Headed out this morning after work. The morning started off good, but slowed down to nothing quickly.
  After about 5 minutes on my first stand I heard paws hitting the ground behind me......and they were coming fast. Got my shotgun ready, and as he passed me I put a full load of copper BB's right below his ear. The cartwheel he did as his nose hit the ground was pretty comical.(sp) The damage that full choked 3" mag did at 10 yards wasn't so funny. Never really thought I'd see a shotgun leave an exit wound, but it did.
  Anyways....I should have quit while I was ahead, as my next three stands got me nothing. I'll make a few more runs before Wister. I'll be down sometime the afternoon of the 1st. Hope to see ya there.      Scott

Hook

Reaction score
Nice going grtwythunter, By what you described, it might be better not to post a pic of that exit wound. :laser-shoot:

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Fortunately for the kids at the Wallyworld photolab my camera was sitting at home. I get strange enough looks when I pick up my "normal" hunting pictures.          Scott

songdog

Reaction score
Wat to go Scott!  Still have to get something with that Hornet but at least the dry spell is over.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
songdog- I broke the Hornet in a couple of weeks ago. Just need to finish sighting in the ol' smokepole and I'll be ready for Wister.      Scott

Latest Posts

Top Bottom