WISTER - Work being done

calwidgeon22

Reaction score
I just drove through Wister.

Good news !!! It looks like they've finished work on the U10s and guess what?

They are cleaning out the U-12 area. That means ten new good areas to hunt this year.

4tule

Reaction score
Are they planting any food for the ducks or just clearing the areas?

calwidgeon22

Reaction score
Didn't see them planting any food for ducks. I am sure the state budget has something to do with that.

It did look like they were working some of the areas that traditionally have the dry planted goose fields.

SaltonSeadog

Reaction score
Gravel in the campground! Some crop growing in the goose field accross from the campground, just about one fifth of the field closest to HQ. Maybe upland forage. Looks like corn from a little distance, but I didn't check it closer.
They have done a bunch of cleaning out the draniage ditches. They started up North, and are down to about the W's.
Some of the ponds which normally hold water this time of year are dry. The U-14 pond closest to the road is almost dry, and I think it usually is wet year round. Maybe they are going to clear that area too. I will ask next time down, if I see anyone.
That is all that comes to mind right now.

benelliblaster

Reaction score
Thanks for the report Saltonseadog!! Its good to know they are doing their part to attract the ducks for us hunters.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom