Wolf Attack Wound?

Willy4003

Reaction score
Do you think this could be from a wolf attack, or is it just the way the hair under the neck parts? I've never seen this on another deer.

suavegato

Reaction score
Interesting... could be but also could be coyote, lion, bobcat, barbed wire, dog, buckshot? etc... could have happened at a young age...

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

I think it's just the hair pulling apart by the deer stretching it's neck out like that. That hair would lay on the curved part of the neck when the deer stands upright. So it makes sense that it lays "funny" when forced into a new position like we see in the pic. I'd have a hard time believing that a predator could manage to get a shot on the neck like that and not be able to "finish the job". But I could be wrong.

-Witty

sweldo73

Reaction score
Looks like natural skin creases and the hair just separates when the neck is stretched out.

Orygun

Reaction score
Looks like gill slits to me. Really smart deer will go underwater to get away from hunters.

danjrofpa

Reaction score
could be from a four blade broadhead,looks like it is too far toward the nose to be a fold in the skin i would say it is some type of injury.

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
could be from a four blade broadhead,looks like it is too far toward the nose to be a fold in the skin i would say it is some type of injury.[/b]
I respectfully disagree. That's EXACTLY where the neck bends... and the back/base of the jaw. When the deer is standing upright, the white patch comes across the bottom of the jaw, then slightly down the front of the neck.

-Witty

Top Bottom