WOO EEEE!!!  BETTER THAN A WOLF PIC

davered1

Reaction score
10 years, 10 long years and i finally got a shot at a wolf this morning. 65 yards freehand with a 30-30 and 170 grain bullet and here is the result.

YAHHHHHH

BULL MOOSE

Reaction score
Awesome, I missed one exactly like that one in Alaska. He was broadside at 100 yards.

swampfox

Reaction score
man, what a beauty! better haul that one to the taxidermist. may never happen again.

Bob R

Reaction score
Man at the size of that thing!!  What a beautiful animal.  I'd sure get the hide tanned, anyway.  Looks like you have a trifle of snow on the ground.  Wish we had some, it's in the low 50's here in Arkansas.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
What does that thing weigh, either u're a runt or that's one big animal!

Tinhorn

d91

Reaction score
I just don't think I could pull the trigger. I started to shoot  a huge coyote a few years ago. I was seated on the side of a hardwood ridge about 15 feet up the hill and he trotted out into the hollow about 25yards away. It was late season and he was in full pelt... a beautiful animal. I crosshair-ed him and almost dropped him, but he was too good of a mental image to store with his breath hovering around him... it was breathtaking.

I feel the same way about bobcats... such a priveledge to see one of those in the wild, I don't think I could ever fire on one...

Big fat doe or average size buck beware, I think you're cute too... but you're tasty.

Any rate, beautiful animal. I would definately get the pelt tanned.

davered1

Reaction score
Tinhorn ,

Weighs just about  100 lbs.Pic makes him look a little bigger than he is(does have a big head though) I am going to get a rug for my wall done.skinned him(tubed him) and hanging on a nail from his nose he is 7'6" from nose to tip of tail.

(Edited by davered1 at 11:21 am on Dec. 20, 2001)

(Edited by davered1 at 9:16 am on Dec. 21, 2001)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
100 lbs, pretty big,

somebody got a 80(?) lb wolf in northern Missouri last month, wondered down from Michigan (600 miles, had an eartag)

Congrats, and oh yeh!  put some more clothes on, you're making me cold.....

Tinhorn

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Davered1,

Way to go!!!!!!beautiful animal!I personally WOULDN'T have hesitated harvesting that wolf!or a coyote, fox or bobcat for that matter. It sure will look good on your wall! That skull will look awesome boiled and cleaned, if you saved it. Maybe there will be a few more deer around since you harvested that predator.

Top Bottom